European Movement International Recognized Armenian Genocide
During its Federal Assembly that was taking place in Riga on April 24-25 the European Movement International (EMI), a pan-European organization that promotes European integration, has unanimously adopted a resolution on the Armenian Genocide.
With the resolution, the European Movement is "joining its voice to over twenty states, international organizations and institutions including the European Parliament (in 1987 and in 2015), the Council of Europe (in 2001), and EURONEST PA (in 2015) that have already recognized the Armenian Genocide.
On the occasion Director European Friends of Armenia (EuFoA) (the organization which is one of the co-authors of the resolution) Mr Eduardo Lorenzo Ochoa, noted:
"The European Movement is an important European organization with a magnificent history of almost 70 years of existence. We are very grateful that this organization that has always been in the avant-garde of the European values and the EU construction has added its voice to so many others commemorating the victims of the Armenian Genocide during this special year."
The resolution "condemns all forms of crimes against humanity and genocide and deeply deplores attempts of their denial" and "hopes that recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Turkey will intertwine the historical reconciliation between the Armenian and Turkish peoples."
The European Movement International is a pan-European organization that was founded in 1948. Secretariat of the organization is currently based in Brussels. It is composed of 33 national chapters in most European countries, as well as 22 international associations.
- Turkish Prosecutors Seek to Lift Garo Paylan's Parliamentary Immunity Prosecutors in Ankara have invoked Article 301, which criminalizes insulting the Turkish nation, and Article 299, which penalizes insulting the Turkish president, against Garo Paylan of the Peoples' Democratic...
- Spanish Alcorcón City Recognizes Armenian Genocide The City Council also expresses solidarity with the Armenian people and calls on the central authorities of Spain to recognize and condemn the Armenian Genocide as early as possible.
- France President on Armenian Genocide: We will Never Forget We will never forget those killed men, the women and children who found their end on the roads of exile—from starvation, cold, and exhaustion.
- US Congressmen Urge Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide "It’s time to end America’s ‘Turkey First’ approach to the Armenian Genocide," said Aram Hamparian, Executive Director of the ANCA.
- Armenian Genocide: Egyptian Lawmakers Call on Parliament to Follow Netherlands' Example The grandsons of massacre survivors live with us, therefore, it's necessary to discover the plans on reviving the Ottoman state and break the expansionist dreams pursued by Turkey.
NKR President Sent a Thank-You Letter to Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan
Iran Will Increase Gas Export to Armenia This Year
Prime Minister Receives OSCE Countries’ Representatives
President Armen Sarkissian Will Travel Abroad
Bulgaria Ratified Armenia-EU Agreement
Ara Babloyan Addresses RA NA Factions with Proposal of Beginning Debates on the Electoral Code
Erdogan Wanted a Base in the Antarctic
Japan Earthquake: Three Dead and Hundreds Injured
A Woman Can Become The President Of Georgia
Pashinyan and Sahakyan Discussed a Wide Range of Issues on Army Building
Igor Muradyan Died
Three Tasks of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Visit to Armenia
Private Plane Crashes in Russia
Jailed Brazil Ex-President to Comment on the World Cup from Prison
Armenia PM Heading to Karabakh
Azerbaijan Fires More Than 2500 Rounds at Artsakh Outposts in One Week
Macron and Trump have Telephone Conversation
Kremlin Does Not Rule out Putin-Trump Meeting This Summer
High-Level Delegation of MEPs to Visit Armenia
Russia Is Open for Dialogue with G8
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Foreign Minister of Armenia Received the Delegation of the Secretariat of International Organization of La Francophonie
Armenians Worldwide Are Invited to Participate in ''Come and Dance the Armenian Kochari'' Pan-Armenian Flashmob
Nikol Pashinyan Attends in Tbilisi the Reception Dedicated to 100th Anniversary of First Armenian Republic
U.S. Secretary of State Shares Enthusiasm about Armenia's Peaceful, Constitutional Political Transition
I am Confident that Armenia and Georgia Have Common Long-Term and Short-Term interests, Nikol Pashinyan
Wind: 11.27 km/h