European Movement International Recognized Armenian Genocide
During its Federal Assembly that was taking place in Riga on April 24-25 the European Movement International (EMI), a pan-European organization that promotes European integration, has unanimously adopted a resolution on the Armenian Genocide.
With the resolution, the European Movement is "joining its voice to over twenty states, international organizations and institutions including the European Parliament (in 1987 and in 2015), the Council of Europe (in 2001), and EURONEST PA (in 2015) that have already recognized the Armenian Genocide.
On the occasion Director European Friends of Armenia (EuFoA) (the organization which is one of the co-authors of the resolution) Mr Eduardo Lorenzo Ochoa, noted:
"The European Movement is an important European organization with a magnificent history of almost 70 years of existence. We are very grateful that this organization that has always been in the avant-garde of the European values and the EU construction has added its voice to so many others commemorating the victims of the Armenian Genocide during this special year."
The resolution "condemns all forms of crimes against humanity and genocide and deeply deplores attempts of their denial" and "hopes that recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Turkey will intertwine the historical reconciliation between the Armenian and Turkish peoples."
The European Movement International is a pan-European organization that was founded in 1948. Secretariat of the organization is currently based in Brussels. It is composed of 33 national chapters in most European countries, as well as 22 international associations.
- Armenian Genocide: Egyptian Lawmakers Call on Parliament to Follow Netherlands' Example The grandsons of massacre survivors live with us, therefore, it's necessary to discover the plans on reviving the Ottoman state and break the expansionist dreams pursued by Turkey.
- Why Has the Topic of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide been Again Actualized in Israel? Israel raises the issue of recognition of the Armenian Genocide at an informal level yet, trying to prevent Ankara from overstepping the red lines in the protection of Palestinian rights.
- Vatican Displayed a Fresh Stamp Picturing Pope Francis and the Genocide Memorial Behind Authored by artist Daniela Longo, the stamp shows the Pope in a moment of prayer in front of the Armenian Genocide Monument in Tsitsernakaberd, Yerevan.
- Armenia Announces Lemkin Scholarship for Foreign Students Raphael Lemkin scholarship is intended to enable foreign students and young scientists, who specialize in genocide studies, especially in the Armenian Genocide, to visit Armenia for a month to conduct...
- Israeli Historian to Present his Armenian Genocide Book in France This work complements his previous book, entitled The Banality of Indifference and Denial, and analyzes the attitude over the last 100 years by Zionism
The US Calls on Turkey to End the State of Emergency
Abbas Accuses Hamas of Orchestrating the Explosion that Targeted the Convoy of Prime Minister
Turkish Scholar: There Has Never Been a Turkish Race; it’s a Synthesis
March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness
Prime Minister of Armenia Received Ambassador of China and Vice President of Powerchina International Group Limited
The Delegation of Francophonie Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
Life Is a Celebration, but Vaastu Shastra Makes It More Harmonious (EXCLUSIVE)
RA MoD: The Life of the Wounded Soldier Is not in Danger
NKR Defense Army Shot Down an Azerbaijani Drone (Pics)
White House Explains Why Trump Didn’t Congratulate Putin on Election
EU to Keep Pressure on North Korea over its Nuclear Program
The New Structure of Eastern Partnership: What are The Main Priorities Today
50 Million Facebook Users Data Harvested for Trump Election Campaign
Dollar Continues to Decline in Armenia
OSCE: Russia's Presidential Election was Marred by Lack of Genuine Competition
NATO Will Move to New Headquarters
The Silence of the International Community on Aliyev's Statements May Lead to Irreversible Consequences
Second Artsakh Airfest Will Be Held on June 16
Diogo Pinto Resigns as Director of European Friends of Armenia
Delegation of Senate of Poland Pays Tribute in Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 17.70 km/h