Brexit: to Leave in English Manner will be Difficult
The UK has voted to leave the European Union after Leave won 52 percent to Remain's 48 per cent. Although the referendum is not legally binding, i.e, the Prime Minister and The Government have the right to ignore the results, Cameron hardly ignore its results, as he was the one to initiate a referendum. The day after the referendum the predictions about the possible economic consequences of Brexit has already started to come true. Sterling hits 30-year low, oil prices also fell to the background of the first British referendum results. "The United Kingdom has decided to go its own way. I think the economic data show this morning that it will be a very difficult way," European Parliament President Mr Schulz said, expressing hope that the negotiations on the exit will now begin quickly. It should be noted that already on June 25, the foreign ministers of 6 EU countries (Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) will hold talks in Berlin to discuss consequences of Brexit for the EU.
While the EU is trying to understand its actions in the created conditions, a serious political crisis matures in Britain. British Prime Minister David Cameron, who was in support for the EU membership, has already declared about his possibe resignation. At the same time after the results of the referendum Scotland and Northern Ireland have announced about holding a referendum on the issue of the withdrawal from the UK.
62 percent of the population of Scotland and 56% of Northern Ireland population voted in favor of staying in the EU. "This British Government has forfeited any mandate to represent the economic or political interests of people in Northern Ireland, because it's population wants to remain part of the EU," the Irish nationalist "Sinn Fein" party's chairman Declan Kearney said.
"There is no way of predicting all the political consequences of this event – especially for the UK. It is a historic moment, but not a moment for hysterical reactions," The Guardian quotes European Council President Donald Tusk as saying, adding that the EU summit will be held next week, already without Great Britain.
- EU Says Finance Sector Ready for Disorderly Brexit The EU was not being threatening toward Britain by preparing for a possible “cliff edge” Brexit, European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen told reporters in Brussels.
- No Question of a Second Brexit Referendum - Britain PM “We are leaving the EU and there is no question of a second referendum or going back and I think that’s important,” May told the Munich Security Conference.
- Britain's May Gets 9 Billion Pounds Deals in China Britain is trying to reinvent itself as a global trading nation after a 2016 referendum decision to leave the European Union, and China, the world’s second-largest economy, is high on the list of countries...
- EU Heads Say the Door Remains Open for the UK to Stay in the EU "Brexit will become a reality, with all its negative consequences, in March next year, unless there is a change of heart among our British friends," Tusk posted on Twitter.
- BrExit High on Agenda for Emmanuel Macron's Visit to Britain Following the decision last month of EU leaders to green light the second phase of the BrExit talks, Britain’s impending withdrawal from the bloc is likely to feature prominently in their discussions.
Mike Pompeo: the Most Conservative US State Secretary?
RA President Congratulated His Chinese Counterpart
Two Armenians Killed in Los Angeles Shooting
Russia Has Expelled 23 British Diplomats
Perspectives of IT Sector Development in Artsakh Were Discussed
Armenian Chess Players Participate in Individual Championship of Europe
New Secretary of State: Will the US Foreign Policy Become More Agressive?
A Turkish Bombing Raid Struck the Main Hospital in Afrin: At Least 16 Civilians Killed
RA President Met with the Upper Board of Armenia’s Supreme Judicial Council
Xi Jinping Re-Elected as China’s President
Candidates Tournament: Aronian Defeated by So
NKR President Met With the Representatives of Ramkavar Azatakan Party in Washington
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
Charles Aznavour Received Czech Rep. Award
Migrants Clash with Madrid Police
Dollar Falling in Armenia
The CSTO PA Should Strictly Respond to Azerbaijan’s Destructive Actions
The Republic of Armenia Stands by the People of Lebanon
Donald Trump Jr and wife Vanessa Separating After 12 Years of Marriage
Artsakh President Was Awarded with "Mesrop Mashtots" Order
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Wind: 11.27 km/h