Gymnastics Skills Named after Armenian Athletes
Armenia’s first woman representative, Houry Gebeshyan’s new skill at the 31st Summer Olympic Games has officially been named after her.
During the parallel bars exercise when before starting the exercise she pushed herself from the first bar and rotating 360 degrees caught the second one at the 31st Summer Olympic Games.
It should be noted, that it is not the first time Armenian gymnasts surprise with the complexity of their tricks. During the World Cup in Doha, Qatar, in 2014 a member of the Armenian national team Vahagn Davtyan managed to perform a variation of the Cross exercise on the still rings that had not been done before. The element was named after the Armenian sportsman and called the Davtyan Cross.
Before that, element on the pommel horse was called after Vahagn Stepanyan. The success of the Armenian sportsmen in gymnastics and the tradition of naming skills after them began with gymnast Hrant Shahinyan. Shahinyan, who won two gold medals and two silver medals in gymnastics at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, is the first Armenian in modern Olympic history to win an Olympic medal. Shahinyan performed an element on the pommel horse, later called "turntable Shahinyan".
In 1954 another Soviet Armenian gymnast Albert Azaryan was the first person to do one of the rings most famous variations of the Iron Cross called the Azaryan Cross, which incorporates a quarter turn to the side. In 1981 the element on vault was called by Artur Hakopyan’s name. He is credited as the first athlete to do a Tsukahara double twist.
- The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky She loved him very much and did not require more attention than he could give. She understood that she would never occupy a place in his heart equal to the painting. Aivazovsky in turn adored Anna and...
- "Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet Sometimes the criticism towards Vaganova was not very flattering. For example, Marius Petipa, the French and Russian ballet dancer, choreographer and teacher, wrote in his diary: "Mrs. Vaganova is terrible,...
- Incredible Armenians or Celebrities Who Do Not Talk About Their Armenian Roots Another "incredible" Armenian is the British princess Diana, although she is only 1/64 Armenian. It turns out that her great-great-grandmother was a rich native from the Indian town of Gujarat.
- William Saroyan: Part of His Heart in Armenia... Saroyan's heroes are simple and not so happy people, about whom he wrote with warmth, compassion and hope for good.
- Armenian Woman in the Ranking of the Most Successful Businesswomen by "Forbes" The company first manufactured its jewelry in a factory that was founded by Rafaelian's father in 1966 and all materials are made in America.
- Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil Mourinho has already been publicly critical of Mkhitaryan, accusing him of “disappearing” in games.
- Manchester United Will Sell Henrikh Mkhitaryan's transfer According to the British newspaper Daily Express, it seems Mkhitaryan is unwanted and unfancied over at Old Trafford, and now Mourinho wants to sell the miedfielder’s transfer.
- Only Two Roounds Left for Aronian to win FIDE Grand Prix 2017 The leader will face Evgeny Tomashevsky of Russia in the eighth round of the tournament.
- Mkhitaryan on 50-footballer Shortlist for UEFA 2017 Team of the Year Mkhitaryan has been particularly effective in Europe since arriving from Borussia Dortmund.
- Aronian Leads FIDE Grand Prix Aronian had also defeated Ernesto Inarkiev (Russia) and draw with Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (France) and Dmitry Jakovenko (Russia).
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h