Igor Popov Denied Aliyev’s Words
The interview of the president of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev to Dmitri Kiselyov once more showed the problems and issues that generally hinder the progress in Karabakh conflict settlement process. Particularly, Aliyev again tried to distort the process and blame Armenia for the present situation.
Another question is the rhetoric of the interviewer Kisilyov, who is the head of the biggest Russian state media-holding. He did his best to make Aliyev a favor. This even more boosted Aliyev’s rhetoric.
When speaking about the Karabakh conflict and possible concessions, Aliyev said the security guarantees of the people of Artsakh and the status of autonomy in the borders of Azerbaijan are the biggest possible concessions Baku can make. Instead, he demanded from the Armenian side to leave the liberated territories. This is the Azerbaijani vision of the conflict settlement, and according to Aliyev, it corresponds to the vision of the mediators and is acceptable for the international community.
This is not considered to be concessions from Azerbaijan, moreover, it is also not acceptable and perceivable either for the Armenian sides, or for the mediators. This was vividly expressed in the interview of the Russian Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group Igor Popov to APA.
Popov said that the return of the territories is a part of the settlement package and "this problem should be addressed in an integrated way, together with the issues related to the status of Nagorno-Karabakh, the return of all refugees, the preservation of a corridor linking Nagorno-Karabakh with
He also underlined that the settlement process is a single package, and any attempt to separate elements preferred by one or the other side as a priority is destructive.
The words of the Russian Co-Chair make it clear that the vision, presented by the president of Azerbaijan, has nothing common with the proposal of the MG Co-Chairs. Besides, it is important to pay special attention what Popov said - "the issue of the status should be addressed"- which means that the issue of the status is not solved yet and should be agreed by the sides and not be dictated by Azerbaijan. Finally, the issue of status is expected to be solved by a referendum (according to Madrid principles, that are on the table of negotiations), so the people of NKR will decide its future.
After all, it is absolutely meaningless to comment the other words of the president of Azerbaijan, who says Armenia is to be blamed for the prolongation of conflict settlement. It is obvious, who is destructive and who is perceived or not perceived by the international community and the mediators.
- Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another "There must be calmness at the line of contact. The victims have to be ruled out. The manhunt that happens today should be excluded. It will create a certain atmosphere of mutual trust. If you do not fulfill...
- Edward Nalbandian: Azerbaijan's Behavior Seriously Questions Baku’s Credibility as a Negotiating Partner The Co-Chairs’ statement reiterated once again the three principles of the international law that form the basis of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution, namely the non-use of force or threat of...
- Artsakh Republic MOD: Defense Army Did not Fire towards Azerbaijani Village The Baku propaganda machine’s statements do not correspond to reality.
- The Heads of Delegation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries Urge to Implement Vienna and St. Petersburg Agreements With reference to the declared commitment of the two Presidents to take additional measures to reduce tension on the line of contact, we urge Baku and Yerevan to accept the expansion of the existing Office...
- Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Will Meet Early in 2018 The parties agreed to meet again in the beginning of 2018. The dates of the Co-Chairs’ next visit to the region were discussed.
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian National Security Service Reveals Terrorist Plot
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal
EU Leaders' Summit: What's on the Agenda?
Kurz Hopes to Form a Coalition Before Christmas
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h