Armenian Community of Istanbul to Elect a New Patriarch
The Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople (Istanbul) has announced a plan to defrock Patriarch Mesrob Mutafyan. In a statement published on its official website, the Patriarchate says they are now preparing for the new religious leader’s election, Tert.am reports.
Mutafyan has not been the Armenian community's de-facto patriarch since falling into coma in 2008. Archbishop Aram Ateshian, who was elected by the state (instead of the community), has been fulfilling his functions ever since.
- Turkish Foreign Minister to Leave for Russia with an Official Visit "Turkey attaches great importance to relations with Russia. Our Foreign Minister will pay a visit to Moscow from March12 to 14, during which he will discuss preparations for the summit meeting of the Cooperation...
- The US Embassy in Ankara Continues to be Closed because of Security Threat Embassy Ankara informs U.S. citizens that the U.S. Embassy in Ankara will be closed to the public on March 5, 2018, due to a security threat. The Embassy will announce its reopening, once it resumes services.
- Unidentified Assailants Vandalize Turkish Embassy Building in Berlin Police closed the Embassy street after the incident and an investigation is underway to identify the assailants.
- Kurdish YPG: Syrian Army Must Come Help Stop Turkey The YPG has called on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government to send troops to the Afrin region in the northwest, and pro-Damascus militias arrived there late on Tuesday.
- Turkey Orders Detention of 170 Soldiers for Links to Coup Plotters The suspects are believed to have contacted imams of the network via payphones and landlines, the news agency said.
Mike Pompeo: the Most Conservative US State Secretary?
RA President Congratulated His Chinese Counterpart
Two Armenians Killed in Los Angeles Shooting
Russia Has Expelled 23 British Diplomats
Perspectives of IT Sector Development in Artsakh Were Discussed
Armenian Chess Players Participate in Individual Championship of Europe
New Secretary of State: Will the US Foreign Policy Become More Agressive?
A Turkish Bombing Raid Struck the Main Hospital in Afrin: At Least 16 Civilians Killed
RA President Met with the Upper Board of Armenia’s Supreme Judicial Council
Xi Jinping Re-Elected as China’s President
Candidates Tournament: Aronian Defeated by So
NKR President Met With the Representatives of Ramkavar Azatakan Party in Washington
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
Charles Aznavour Received Czech Rep. Award
Migrants Clash with Madrid Police
Dollar Falling in Armenia
The CSTO PA Should Strictly Respond to Azerbaijan’s Destructive Actions
The Republic of Armenia Stands by the People of Lebanon
Donald Trump Jr and wife Vanessa Separating After 12 Years of Marriage
Artsakh President Was Awarded with "Mesrop Mashtots" Order
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Wind: 11.27 km/h