Iran: Political Actions During Rafsanjani's Funeral
Former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani's funeral became an occasion for political action for Iranian reformists. Separate groups of people from the procession were demanding from the authorities to release former Prime Minister Reformist Mir Hossein Mousavi, as well as expressed support to former President Mohammad Khatami.
Iran's "reform era" is sometimes said to have lasted from 1997 to 2005: the length of Khatami's two terms in office. But Islamic revolution’s leaders and supporters, conservatives, saw the spread of freedom and democratic values of West as a serious threat to the revolution ideology. In any case, the reformists are a big power in Iranian political life. Thus, parliamentary elections in Iran in early 2016 were won by candidates from the reformist camp: in the 10th session of the Iranian parliament, reformists received 133 seats, while the Conservatives 125.
Though the Iranian parliament does not have a big role in the political life, the government of the Islamic Republic is fully concentrated in the hands of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, but the victory of reformists in the election will allow President Hassan Rohani to continue the policy of internal reforms. It should be noted that unlike Khatami reformist President Rouhani backed by Supreme Leader due to an agreement between the parties regarding the regional ambitions of Iran, as well as the fact that Rohani, who is trying to gather around him not only the Reformist but the moderate conservatives, emphasizes reforms more on the country's life and mainly avoid radical steps. As a result due to prudent policy of Rouhani it is still possible to avoid serious clashes between political forces, which could lead to a political crisis in Iran.
- New Act against Iran in US Congress "Congress has four months to fix the flaws of the JCPOA to permanently block Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons capability," said Representative Roskam.
- President of Iran Will Visit Azerbaijan "According to plans that are currently being prepared, Mr President will presumably visit Baku and a couple of Central Asian countries. I assume that the visit will take place early in the coming solar...
- Iran Declares National Mourning Day The Iranian government’s cabinet of ministers on Sunday declared Monday January 15 as the day for public mourning.
- The EU to Invite the Iranian Foreign Minister for Talks "Together with the EU’s foreign policy chief (Federica Mogherini), we agreed to invite the Iranian foreign minister (Mohammad Javad Zarif), if possible next week," Gabriel told German public broadcaster...
- Iran's Revolutionary Guard Says Unrest ’’Fomented by Foreign Enemies’’ Defeated Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said on Sunday the country’s people and security forces had defeated unrest fomented by foreign enemies
US Warns the YPG to Cut Support If They Spot Fighting the ISIS
The RA President Arrived in Strasbourg
Germany to Halt Arms Exports to Turkey
President meets with members of French National Assembly and Senate Friendship Groups
Turkey Says Has "Neutralized" 260 Militants in Syria
Karen Karapetyan: Singapore's Development Path Is a Good Example for Armenia
Mkhitaryan Will Miss Today’s Match against Chelsea
OSCE Monitoring to Be Conducted on NKR-Azerbaijan Border
Qatar Supports Turkey’s Operation in Afrin
2 Dead, 19 Injured in US School Shooting
"Thank You, Armenian Soldier": Charitable Concert in Armenia
Armenian PM Meets with Major International Companies’ Leadership in Davos
Garo Paylan Nommed for Nobel Peace Prize
PACE Monitoring Committee Appointed a New Co-Rapporteur on Armenia
Macron Received the RA President at the Elysee Palace
Kurds and Turks Clash in Germany
Emil Jamil Lahoud: Armenian President of Lebanon
French Foreign Minister Calls on Turkey for Greatest Level of Restraint
Bako Sahakyan Partook at the Meeting of the Defense Army's Military Council
From Time to Time Precipitation is Predicted
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h