Iran: Political Actions During Rafsanjani's Funeral
Former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani's funeral became an occasion for political action for Iranian reformists. Separate groups of people from the procession were demanding from the authorities to release former Prime Minister Reformist Mir Hossein Mousavi, as well as expressed support to former President Mohammad Khatami.
Iran's "reform era" is sometimes said to have lasted from 1997 to 2005: the length of Khatami's two terms in office. But Islamic revolution’s leaders and supporters, conservatives, saw the spread of freedom and democratic values of West as a serious threat to the revolution ideology. In any case, the reformists are a big power in Iranian political life. Thus, parliamentary elections in Iran in early 2016 were won by candidates from the reformist camp: in the 10th session of the Iranian parliament, reformists received 133 seats, while the Conservatives 125.
Though the Iranian parliament does not have a big role in the political life, the government of the Islamic Republic is fully concentrated in the hands of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, but the victory of reformists in the election will allow President Hassan Rohani to continue the policy of internal reforms. It should be noted that unlike Khatami reformist President Rouhani backed by Supreme Leader due to an agreement between the parties regarding the regional ambitions of Iran, as well as the fact that Rohani, who is trying to gather around him not only the Reformist but the moderate conservatives, emphasizes reforms more on the country's life and mainly avoid radical steps. As a result due to prudent policy of Rouhani it is still possible to avoid serious clashes between political forces, which could lead to a political crisis in Iran.
- President Serzh Sargsyan Sent a Letter of Condolences to the President of Iran Hassan Rouhani “I am confident that decisive measures undertaken by the relevant bodies in the friendly Iran will allow to overcome the concequences of this tragedy,” reads the letter of condolences of the President.
- Major Commercial Building Collapsed in Tehran More than 200 firefighters arrived at the iconic Plasco building to contain the blaze.
- Trilateral Economic Cooperation Among Armenia-Iran-Turkmenistan The Ambassadors, in turn, reiterated the willingness of their respective countries to expand the cooperation with Armenia and discuss the future steps in that direction.
- Iranian First Vice-President Visit to Turkey Was Postponed Qassemi said that the Turkish authorities have been informed about the development, adding that the visit was postponed to a proper time in the future.
- Iran: US Senate's Vote to Extend the Iran Sanctions Act Violates the Nuclear Deal "The extension of sanctions by the U.S. Congress is a violation of the deal. We will report it to Iran's committee, assigned for monitoring the implementation of the deal," spokesman Bahram Ghasemi said.
Pope Francis Warns Not to Hurry About Trump
Armenian Soldier Killed in Syria
Pedro Agramunt Re-Elected as a PACE President
Child Birth Record Rate in China
Astana Talks on Syria Start
US First lady Melania Trump Returns to New York City
OSCE Will Conduct Monitoring in North-West of Seysulan Village, NKR
New York Times Twitter Hacked to Warn Putin Will Order to Attack the United States with Missiles
Turkish MP of Bundestag: It Was Right of Garo Paylan to Call in Remembrance the Armenian Genocide
Daesh Fighters who Burnt Alive Two Turkish Soldiers Are Turkish Citizens
Gladys Berejiklian to be Premier of New South Wales
19 Buildings Demolished in 10 seconds in China (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army Forces Took Countermeasures to Suppress the Azerbaijani Activeness
NKR Defense Army Soldier Killed
How did Obama Spend His First Day as a Civilian ?
Trump Ascent Marks End of an Era: Steinmeier
The Gambia's Former Leader Yahya Jammeh Goes Into Exile in Equatorial Guinea
Seven Parties to Participate in Syrian Talks
Armenian Genocide Lecture to be Held in Italy
The First Tweet of the First Lady of the USA
Trump Inaguration (LIVE)
New Year Celebration in Armenia in Ancient Times and Nowadays: Kaghand, Navasard, New Year
Merry Christmas! Christ Came to Enlighten Our Souls, to Fill Them with Love and Peace
New Year Celebrations in Different Countries (Afghanistan, Cambodia, Morocco)
5 Christmas Books to Read during Holidays
Garo Paylan: I Am in Danger, But Everybody Else Is in Danger in Turkey
Armenian Genocide Resolution to be Discussed in Danish Parliament: Turks Started a Large-Scale Campaign
World's Strangest New Year Traditions
How Do People Celebrate the New Year in Artsakh?
The Story of Christmas Cards