Trump Will Not Give Up the Special Relationship with Britain
The petition on UK government website with the request not to allow US President Donald Trump to Great Britain has already collected more than 550 thousand signatures.
For being reviewed by the Parliament the petition needs to collect 100 thousand signatures at least. Earlier, the Labor Party leader Jeremy Corby called on his Facebook followers to sign the petition. People are in particular unhappy with the president-elect's migration policy.
It should be noted that this is probably the main disagreement between the parties today. It should be recalled that recently US-British high-level talks took place in Washington which, by the way, were the first ones in the international negotiations under Donald Trump. It is reported that during talks Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May discussed the Brexit, NATO's future business cooperation between the two countries and of course the anti-Russian sanctions.
As a result of these negotiations the analysts point out Trump's promise to enter into a bilateral trade agreement with UK as soon as possible after Brexit. It should be noted that Trump is confident that the UK will benefit from the Brexit. "I think Brexitwill work wonderful for your country. Once completed, you will be able to have your identity, you can receive in your country the people you want, you can have free trade agreements without anyone's control,"said Trump to British Prime Minister Theresa May during press conference. After negotiations, Trump also announced that he supports NATO for one hundred percent, even if he repeatedly questioned the effectiveness of the organization. Concerning the anti-Russian sanctions the parties also came to terms. Particularly Trump, who earlier spoke about the need to remove them, told May it is early to speak about it.
Thus, the results of the negotiations, as well as the fact that May was the first foreign leader the newly elected American president met with, show that UK will remain a major US ally in the future, and that mutually beneficial US-British special relationship will continue at Trump presidency as well.
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
First Tea and Coffee Festival Organized in Yerevan (Photos)
Madrid approves measures to strip Catalonia's autonomous powers
7 Days on the Frontline: Azerbaijan Fired More than 2,300 Shots
Knife-Wielding Man Wounds Five People in Munich
Another Six Large Families Will Be Provided with Houses in Artsakh
French Oncological Center Opened in Yerevan
Tatev Hakobyan - Vice champion of European Weightlifting Championship
Erdogan: US, EU Don't Help Turkey in Terror Fight
Premiere of Dadivank Documentary Film in Artsakh
Hamshen Armenian Intellectual's Wife Detained in Turkey
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Spanish Government Plans to Dissolve Catalonia's Parliament
NKR President Met with Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Turkey Sets Up Its First Observation Post in Idlib
Tusk Rules Out Any EU Action Over Catalonia
EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
RF Premier Dmitry Medvedev to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h