Aliyev Appointed His Wife the First Vice President
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has appointed his wife, Mehriban Aliyeva, as first vice president of Azerbaijan, Radio Liberty reports.
Aliyev's order on the appointment was posted on the presidential website on February 21.
The vice president takes over the country's presidency if the president is unable to perform their duties, according to the constitution. It doesn't describe the first vice president's duties, but it's expected that they will include overseeing the Cabinet, McClatchy reports.
- What Will We Have in the Observers' Reports after Azerbaijani Elections? In April elections, the opposition of Azerbaijan will participate almost spontaneously, and observers will not have legal grounds for proving even the most obvious restrictions.
- Impunity in His Own Country Blinded the Dictator: Aliyev Does Not Perceive the Sense and Meaning of His Own Words: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE) We should use all the international platforms and continue to show the world the real image of aggressor and its dictator. The united and consistent work always gives its results.
- Aliev's Anti-Armenian Statements Contradict the Calls of the Co-Chairs to Prepare the Society for Peace As for the impact of such statements on the negotiation process, it should be noted that Aliyev realizes it well that before April (taking into account that elections are expected both in Azerbaijan and...
- Aliyev Received OSCE MG Co-Chairs At the meeting, the current situation and the prospects of the talks on the settlement of the Karabakh conflict were discussed.
- In Order to Maintain His Power Aliyev Changes The ''Game Terms'' In the current situation a question arises, which made Aliyev to go for snap elections, changing the terms of the game. If we try to clarify the main motives for appointing snap presidential elections...
Merkel and Macron Plan Roadmap on Euro Zone Reform
PACE Eliminates Turkish from the List of Working Languages
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime About 250 Times
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
EU-USA ''Metal War'' Will Cause New Intrigues
70 Racers from Armenia, Georgia and Iran to Take Part in International Car Race in Armenia
Mike Pompeo: the Most Conservative US State Secretary?
RA President Congratulated His Chinese Counterpart
Two Armenians Killed in Los Angeles Shooting
Russia Has Expelled 23 British Diplomats
Perspectives of IT Sector Development in Artsakh Were Discussed
Armenian Chess Players Participate in Individual Championship of Europe
New Secretary of State: Will the US Foreign Policy Become More Agressive?
A Turkish Bombing Raid Struck the Main Hospital in Afrin: At Least 16 Civilians Killed
RA President Met with the Upper Board of Armenia’s Supreme Judicial Council
Xi Jinping Re-Elected as China’s President
Candidates Tournament: Aronian Defeated by So
NKR President Met With the Representatives of Ramkavar Azatakan Party in Washington
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
Charles Aznavour Received Czech Rep. Award
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Wind: 11.27 km/h