Aliyev Began the Operation "Heritage"
After the appointment of Mehriban Aliyeva on the post of first vice-president, she became the second most important and influential figure in Azerbaijan. In case the President for some reason is unable to perform his duties, his functions will do his wife.
This appointment was possible thanks to the constitutional amendments held in Azerbaijan in September 2016, which, as we see in practice, aimed at strengthening the hereditary rule of the Aliyev dynasty. It should be noted, that since 2000s all the constitutional "reforms" served this purpose. In 2003, “reforms” were carried out in order Ilham Aliyev came to power, in 2009 - that he could win the elections for unlimited times, and in 2016 - in order to facilitate the task of the transmission of power to the family members. It should be noted that the ultimate goal of Aliyev is to hand over power to his son - Heydar Aliyev Junior. Taking into account that the latter is too young for such a position, Aliyev was forced to resort to complex combinations, lowering the age limit and extending the power of the president. Already in 2025, we can see Heydar Aliyev Jr. in high leadership positions. But before that he needed to keep power in the hands of the family and to prevent any ambitions by a third party. For such a role in the transitional period, perhaps the most convenient candidate is Mehriban.
At the same time it should not be forgotten that Mehriban Aliyeva is from Pashayev clan, which influence is not inferior to the Aliyev clan’s influence. Consequently, such an appointment is important to avoid inter-clan clashes and retain the balance in the country. These developments in Azerbaijan are not incomprehensible not only for the West (it is enough to remember the scandal around the former French Prime Minister Francois Fillon, who is now candidate for president, because of his wife's work and received the salary in the parliament), but for the East: the most known for its influence on the political life of the eastern "first" ladies is Sheikha Mozah – second of three wives of the Emir of Qatar, whose influence on the political life of the country is so large, that after Emir left power, the power passed not to his eldest son, but to his son from Mozah.
In fact, Azerbaijan is the only country in the modern world, moreover, as people say in Baku, state with "democratic values", where such developments are perceivable. Perhaps this is because of the merits of Mehriban Aliyeva, for which she was awarded by Ilham Aliyev a medal after Heydar Aliyev...
- Edward Nalbandian: Azerbaijan's Behavior Seriously Questions Baku’s Credibility as a Negotiating Partner The Co-Chairs’ statement reiterated once again the three principles of the international law that form the basis of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution, namely the non-use of force or threat of...
- Artsakh Republic MOD: Defense Army Did not Fire towards Azerbaijani Village The Baku propaganda machine’s statements do not correspond to reality.
- French Court Dismissed Baku's Claim Against French Reporters That Called Azerbaijan "Dictatorship" Elise Lucet and Laurent Richard described Azerbaijan as a dictatorship during the program "Cash Investigation" on September 7, 2015.
- Merkel's Party Has Received Donations from Azerbaijan According to the report, two payments, one of €3,000 and one of €25,000, were deposited by Socar's Germany-based branch on the account of the CDU's district association in Frankfurt at the end of February...
- Non-Implementation of the ECHR Judgment by Azerbaijan Will Not Remain Without Consequences Azerbaijan's behavior not to carry out its commitments and ignore them is hardly new to anyone. We have witnessed many times that even the agreements reached at the highest level become void in very short...
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h