US State Secretary Is Having Official Meetings in Turkey
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met Thursday in Ankara with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, opening an overseas trip that comes as the U.S. examines its next steps in the campaign to defeat Islamic State militants and stabilize the refugee crisis with allies in the region, Voice of America reports.
Tillerson was also scheduled to meet with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu. The talks are expected to include Turkey pressing its case for the U.S. to extradite cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom Turkish authorities accuse of being behind a failed coup attempt last year.
Later in the trip, the top U.S. diplomat will press NATO allies to demonstrate a clear path to increase defense spending, in his first meeting with counterparts from this security bloc.
- Erdoğan Announces Ministers of Turkey's New Cabinet Erdoğan appointed Chief of General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar as the new defense minister and his son-in-law Berat Albayrak as the Treasury and Finance Minister in a 16-seat surprise cabinet with not much...
- EU Council: Turkey’s Accession Negotiations Have Effectively Come to a Standstill The Council notes that Turkey has been moving further away from the European Union.
- Turkey Elections 2018: Erdogan Declared Winner Election authority confirms Erdogan’s victory with 97.7% of the vote counted, as opposition leaders vow to continue struggle
- Erdogan Faces Test in Critical Elections: DW Over 56 million Turkish voters are headed to the polls this Sunday to choose a president and a new parliament. The vote takes place after changes to Turkey's constitution were approved last year, reshaping...
- Turkey and the US Are Trying to Decide the Fate of Syrian Manbij At that time, a number of experts were inclined to believe that the situation was so intense that it could come out of control at a certain point, leading to a collision between NATO two members - Turks...
- Prime Minister Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message on U.S. Independence Day I should note with satisfaction the special role played by the vibrant U.S.-based "Armenian community, which is building bridges of friendship between our countries with its active structures and unconditional...
- The Trump administration reportedly drafted a bill to abandon key World Trade Organization rules Trump has been angling for some time to withdraw the US from the WTO completely, though he would be unable to do so without Congress' approval.
- "US laws are the dumbest in the world". Donald Trump "Republicans want Strong Borders and no Crime. Dems want Open Borders and are weak on Crime!", - said president Trump.
- Bill Shine, Former Fox News Co-President, to Take on Senior Communications Role at White House Sources tell Fox News that Shine has discussed a White House position with Trump on two other occasions, but both times the potential appointment fell through.
- Trump Plans July Meeting With Vladimir Putin President Donald Trump is planning to meet with Vladimir Putin, the president of Russia, during Trump’s visit to Europe next month.
What Does Armenian Prime Minister Expect from EU?
Trump Criticises Obama over US 2016 Election Hack
Putin, Erdogan Discuss Joint Steps in Syria
Theresa May warns there could be 'no Brexit at all' - Mail on Sunday
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the Emmanuel Macron on the Occasion of National Holiday of France
Israeli PM responds to letter of Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem
Commemoration of the Apostle Thaddeus and the Virgin Sandoukht
Fifa World Cup 2018: Belgium v England
What is an ideal outcome of Trump-Putin meeting? Russian FM tells Larry King
President Armen Sarkissian Left for Moscow
PM Meets with Belgian-Armenian Businessmen
Azerbaijan Fired Shots at Armenian Town at Night
Trump Says Iran Will Seek Fresh Deal
Stoltenberg: Allies Have Heard Trump's Defense Budget Message Loud and Clear
Kim Jong Un Sends Trump a ''Very Nice'' Letter
Armenian PM: It Would be Useful if NATO Sent Strong Message to Azerbaijan
Memorandum of the Artsakh Republic Foreign Ministry Published on the UN Official Website
Syrian Army Raises Flag in Cradle of Protest Movement
Azerbaijan’s Behavior Questions its Commitment to Peace Process: Armenian PM at NATO Summit
OSCE MG Co-Chairs Again Stress Importance of Reducing Tensions and Avoiding Inflammatory Rhetoric
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Wind: 11.27 km/h