ANCA Calls US Congress to Continue US Artsakh Funding to Complete De-Mining
The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) continues to press US Congressional appropriators to ensure continued U.S. federal funding in the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 foreign aid bill for the HALO Trust’s de-mining activity in the interior of the Republic of Artsakh.
The aim of funding this non-profit organization is to complete its long-term project to clear the Republic’s villages and farmlands of mines and unexploded ordnance by 2020.
"Building upon nearly two decades of ANCA advocacy to clear Artsakh of landmines, we are, today, encouraged by growing grassroots support for the final phases of this life-saving initiative – as reflected in the efforts of thousands of activists from around the country who, on a daily basis, share the remarkable results of HALO Trust’s demining efforts with their Senators and Representatives," remarked ANCA Communications Director Elizabeth Chouldjian.
"Much has been accomplished – many acres cleared, farms revitalized, and, most importantly, lives saved – but much more remains to be done, which is why we are so actively working with House and Senate appropriators to ensure that the Fiscal Year 2018 foreign aid bills include the necessary provisions to help meet the 2020 deadline to declare Artsakh – finally – landmine free," she added.
ANCA Chairman Raffi Hamparian recently met with HALO Trust Program Manager Ash Boddy in Stepanakert to convey the ANCA’s support for the HALO Trust’s goal of a landmine-free Artsakh by 2020.
- Perspectives of IT Sector Development in Artsakh Were Discussed Bagrat Engibaryan, Director of EIF emphasized that if 2-3 years ago in Artsakh few people believed that information technologies could become reality, today they can already state that the first steps...
- The Artsakh Parliament President Received the Delegation of the City of Bouc-Bel-Air of France "The work that you are doing in Artsakh is very important. I think the work that is being done in different sphered will become the basis for more effective collaboration," said Ashot Ghoulyan.
- Artsakh and France Discuss Decentralized Cooperation
- Artsakh Foreign Minister Received The HALO Trust Artsakh Program Manager Masis Mayilian reiterated the readiness of the authorities of Artsakh to support the activities of The HALO Trust in the Republic in every possible way.
- Karabakh FM Receives Personal Representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office During the meeting, the sides discussed the situation on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Says Only Death Will Stop Him from Ruling the Kingdom
The Task of Merkel's Fourth Term as Chancellor Will Be Not to Hurt the New Government
WhoScored: Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s best performing player
Budding Diplomacy between US and North Korea
Kurds Promise Nightmare for Turks in Afrin
12 Armenians Will Participate in Dutch Local Elections
Washington: Bako Sahakyan Visited St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches
Serzh Sargsyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Vladimir Putin
Trump Offers Death Penalty for Drug Dealers
Scripal's Poisoning: A Reason for Tense Relations Between London and Moscow?
Europe's Indifference and Turkey's Interests
Boris Johnson to Support to UK Diplomats Expelled from Russia
Boris Johnson Accused Russia of Secretely Stockpiling the Deadly Nerve Agent
Afrin Urges International Communities to Stop Turkey
Erdogan: Turkey Has Taken Full Control of the Center of Afrin
Sri Lanka Lifted a Nationwide State of Emergency
Bako Sahakyan: The Armenian Community of America and our American Friends are Actively Involved in the Process of the International Recognition of Artsakh
Iran Arrests Ahmadinejad’s Close Ally and Ex-Vice President
Voting for Presidential Election Starts in Russia
Sunday of Advent
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h