ANCA Calls US Congress to Continue US Artsakh Funding to Complete De-Mining
The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) continues to press US Congressional appropriators to ensure continued U.S. federal funding in the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 foreign aid bill for the HALO Trust’s de-mining activity in the interior of the Republic of Artsakh.
The aim of funding this non-profit organization is to complete its long-term project to clear the Republic’s villages and farmlands of mines and unexploded ordnance by 2020.
"Building upon nearly two decades of ANCA advocacy to clear Artsakh of landmines, we are, today, encouraged by growing grassroots support for the final phases of this life-saving initiative – as reflected in the efforts of thousands of activists from around the country who, on a daily basis, share the remarkable results of HALO Trust’s demining efforts with their Senators and Representatives," remarked ANCA Communications Director Elizabeth Chouldjian.
"Much has been accomplished – many acres cleared, farms revitalized, and, most importantly, lives saved – but much more remains to be done, which is why we are so actively working with House and Senate appropriators to ensure that the Fiscal Year 2018 foreign aid bills include the necessary provisions to help meet the 2020 deadline to declare Artsakh – finally – landmine free," she added.
ANCA Chairman Raffi Hamparian recently met with HALO Trust Program Manager Ash Boddy in Stepanakert to convey the ANCA’s support for the HALO Trust’s goal of a landmine-free Artsakh by 2020.
- Foreign Affairs Standing Committees of Armenia and Artsakh will Hold a Joint Session During the joint session Speaker of the Artsakh Parliament Ashot Ghoulyan, Armen Ashotyan and chairman of the Artsakh parliamentary standing committee on foreign affairs Arzik Mkhitaryan will deliver remarks.
- Artsakh State Minister Discusses Trade Connections with Californian Senator The sides, in particular, discussed the ways to deepen political and trade ties between Artsakh and California and agreed on future steps.
- Artsakh-Armenia: What Are the Possible New Directions of Cooperation? The parliaments of Artsakh and Armenia, using their international connections, can conduct targeted work to open the offices of international conflict transformation and humanitarian organizations in Artsakh.
- Artsakh President Received Heads of Armenian Banks The Head of the State noted with satisfaction active cooperation of the two Armenian republics in this field highlighting the maintenance of close cooperation in the future too.
- Delegation from California on a Visit to Armenia and Artsakh "The California legislative delegation to Armenia is an important step in continuing to strengthen ties between the Republic of Armenia and the State of California," stated Nazarian.
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian National Security Service Reveals Terrorist Plot
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal
EU Leaders' Summit: What's on the Agenda?
Kurz Hopes to Form a Coalition Before Christmas
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h