Who is the New US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group?
The US has already appointed a new Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group. From August 28, Andrew Schofer will replace temporary Co-Chair Richard Hoagland
We present a brief biography of the new US Co-Chair.
Andrew Schofer was appointed as a Minister-Counselor at US Department of State in 1991. The new American Co-Chairman previously held senior positions in US representation in the UN office in Vienna, the International Atomic Energy Agency and other international organizations in Vienna.
He was the Deputy Chief of Mission at US Embassy in Cyprus. In 2009-2011 he worked as Director of the Political Training Division at Foreign Service Institute. In 2008-2009 he was Counselor for Narcotics Affairs at the Embassy of the United States in Afghanistan. Before that he was Head of External Affairs Unit, Political Section at the Embassy of US in Russia, then Counselor for Political Affairs at the Embassy of US in Netherlands. In 1991-1995 worked in US embassies first in Kuwait, then in Bahrain as a Political Officer.
Education: Master's Degree in International Affairs at Columbia University - School of International and Public Affairs (Class of 1989), Attendee at American University (Class of 1987) and Bachelor's Degree in Political Science & International Relations at Yale University (Class of 1985).
He is married. His wife, Karen Lynn Enstrom, also works at United States Department of State.
Announcing the appointment of a new US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, Richard Hoagland said:
"He is a highly experienced diplomat, who has been recently serving as Charge d’Affaires of the US Mission to the International Organizations in Vienna." He added that Schofer "has experience in the settlement of the Cyprus and other conflicts. I think the Secretary of State and the State Department have chosen a brilliant Co-Chair." "The new Co-Chairs now has complete information about the Karabakh conflict and is ready to assume his duties," he said.
Recall that Richard Hoagland temporarily served as the OSCE MG Co-Chair from the United States from January 2017, after James Warlick moved to a new job.
- Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another "There must be calmness at the line of contact. The victims have to be ruled out. The manhunt that happens today should be excluded. It will create a certain atmosphere of mutual trust. If you do not fulfill...
- Edward Nalbandian: Azerbaijan's Behavior Seriously Questions Baku’s Credibility as a Negotiating Partner The Co-Chairs’ statement reiterated once again the three principles of the international law that form the basis of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution, namely the non-use of force or threat of...
- Artsakh Republic MOD: Defense Army Did not Fire towards Azerbaijani Village The Baku propaganda machine’s statements do not correspond to reality.
- The Heads of Delegation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries Urge to Implement Vienna and St. Petersburg Agreements With reference to the declared commitment of the two Presidents to take additional measures to reduce tension on the line of contact, we urge Baku and Yerevan to accept the expansion of the existing Office...
- Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Will Meet Early in 2018 The parties agreed to meet again in the beginning of 2018. The dates of the Co-Chairs’ next visit to the region were discussed.
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h