Who is the New US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group?
The US has already appointed a new Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group. From August 28, Andrew Schofer will replace temporary Co-Chair Richard Hoagland
We present a brief biography of the new US Co-Chair.
Andrew Schofer was appointed as a Minister-Counselor at US Department of State in 1991. The new American Co-Chairman previously held senior positions in US representation in the UN office in Vienna, the International Atomic Energy Agency and other international organizations in Vienna.
He was the Deputy Chief of Mission at US Embassy in Cyprus. In 2009-2011 he worked as Director of the Political Training Division at Foreign Service Institute. In 2008-2009 he was Counselor for Narcotics Affairs at the Embassy of the United States in Afghanistan. Before that he was Head of External Affairs Unit, Political Section at the Embassy of US in Russia, then Counselor for Political Affairs at the Embassy of US in Netherlands. In 1991-1995 worked in US embassies first in Kuwait, then in Bahrain as a Political Officer.
Education: Master's Degree in International Affairs at Columbia University - School of International and Public Affairs (Class of 1989), Attendee at American University (Class of 1987) and Bachelor's Degree in Political Science & International Relations at Yale University (Class of 1985).
He is married. His wife, Karen Lynn Enstrom, also works at United States Department of State.
Announcing the appointment of a new US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, Richard Hoagland said:
"He is a highly experienced diplomat, who has been recently serving as Charge d’Affaires of the US Mission to the International Organizations in Vienna." He added that Schofer "has experience in the settlement of the Cyprus and other conflicts. I think the Secretary of State and the State Department have chosen a brilliant Co-Chair." "The new Co-Chairs now has complete information about the Karabakh conflict and is ready to assume his duties," he said.
Recall that Richard Hoagland temporarily served as the OSCE MG Co-Chair from the United States from January 2017, after James Warlick moved to a new job.
- OSCE Mission Monitoring: Azerbaijani Side Did Not Lead the OSCE Mission to Its Front-Line Positions From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- ANCA Will Host a Conference in Honor of the 30th Anniversary of Karabakh Movement The conference will be held on Saturday March 17, 2018.
- OSCE Urges Aliyev to Double the Efforts for the Settlement of Karabakh Conflict Tsereteli reiterated the Assembly’s support for the mediation efforts by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs as well as the activities of the Personal Representative of the Chairperson-in-Office, Ambassador...
- Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime more than 220 Times The Defense Army advanced units basically refrained from responding and continue to confidently carry out the assigned combat mission.
- NKR President Received the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office The meeting addressed a range of issues related to the situation along the contact line between the Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces.
Mike Pompeo: the Most Conservative US State Secretary?
RA President Congratulated His Chinese Counterpart
Two Armenians Killed in Los Angeles Shooting
Russia Has Expelled 23 British Diplomats
Perspectives of IT Sector Development in Artsakh Were Discussed
Armenian Chess Players Participate in Individual Championship of Europe
New Secretary of State: Will the US Foreign Policy Become More Agressive?
A Turkish Bombing Raid Struck the Main Hospital in Afrin: At Least 16 Civilians Killed
RA President Met with the Upper Board of Armenia’s Supreme Judicial Council
Xi Jinping Re-Elected as China’s President
Candidates Tournament: Aronian Defeated by So
NKR President Met With the Representatives of Ramkavar Azatakan Party in Washington
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
Charles Aznavour Received Czech Rep. Award
Migrants Clash with Madrid Police
Dollar Falling in Armenia
The CSTO PA Should Strictly Respond to Azerbaijan’s Destructive Actions
The Republic of Armenia Stands by the People of Lebanon
Donald Trump Jr and wife Vanessa Separating After 12 Years of Marriage
Artsakh President Was Awarded with "Mesrop Mashtots" Order
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Wind: 11.27 km/h