Who is the New US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group?
The US has already appointed a new Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group. From August 28, Andrew Schofer will replace temporary Co-Chair Richard Hoagland
We present a brief biography of the new US Co-Chair.
Andrew Schofer was appointed as a Minister-Counselor at US Department of State in 1991. The new American Co-Chairman previously held senior positions in US representation in the UN office in Vienna, the International Atomic Energy Agency and other international organizations in Vienna.
He was the Deputy Chief of Mission at US Embassy in Cyprus. In 2009-2011 he worked as Director of the Political Training Division at Foreign Service Institute. In 2008-2009 he was Counselor for Narcotics Affairs at the Embassy of the United States in Afghanistan. Before that he was Head of External Affairs Unit, Political Section at the Embassy of US in Russia, then Counselor for Political Affairs at the Embassy of US in Netherlands. In 1991-1995 worked in US embassies first in Kuwait, then in Bahrain as a Political Officer.
Education: Master's Degree in International Affairs at Columbia University - School of International and Public Affairs (Class of 1989), Attendee at American University (Class of 1987) and Bachelor's Degree in Political Science & International Relations at Yale University (Class of 1985).
He is married. His wife, Karen Lynn Enstrom, also works at United States Department of State.
Announcing the appointment of a new US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, Richard Hoagland said:
"He is a highly experienced diplomat, who has been recently serving as Charge d’Affaires of the US Mission to the International Organizations in Vienna." He added that Schofer "has experience in the settlement of the Cyprus and other conflicts. I think the Secretary of State and the State Department have chosen a brilliant Co-Chair." "The new Co-Chairs now has complete information about the Karabakh conflict and is ready to assume his duties," he said.
Recall that Richard Hoagland temporarily served as the OSCE MG Co-Chair from the United States from January 2017, after James Warlick moved to a new job.
- Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says “Any constructive contact which the parties initiate must serve for the common goal and the settlement of the conflict. We welcome everything what the parties assess as a step aimed at the complete settlement...
- OSCE MG Co-Chairs Again Stress Importance of Reducing Tensions and Avoiding Inflammatory Rhetoric The Ministers exchanged views regarding the situation on the ground and discussed next steps and parameters for re-engaging in substantive negotiations.
- A Meeting Between Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan was Held in Brussels Zohrab Mnatsakanyan underlined that the negotiation process has no alternative and in this context highlighted the importance of steps aimed at creating environment conducive to peace, building confidence,...
- Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline Defense minister Levon Mnatsakanyan, other officials accompanied the President during the visit.
- Yerevan Comments on Reports about Preparation for Armenia-Azerbaijan FMs' Meeting “If there is final agreement on the venue and date of the meeting, we will inform beforehand,” spokesperson for the Armenian MFA Tigran Balayan told NEWS.am.
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Pashinyan: The Sale of Weapons to Azerbaijan by the Belarusian Authorities Is Unacceptable
Trump Holds Putin Responsible for US Elections Interference
UK Law Enforcers Foil Plans to Kill Theresa May
5 More Countries Join EU Sanctions on Russia
Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
Wind: 11.27 km/h