Who is the New US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group?
The US has already appointed a new Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group. From August 28, Andrew Schofer will replace temporary Co-Chair Richard Hoagland
We present a brief biography of the new US Co-Chair.
Andrew Schofer was appointed as a Minister-Counselor at US Department of State in 1991. The new American Co-Chairman previously held senior positions in US representation in the UN office in Vienna, the International Atomic Energy Agency and other international organizations in Vienna.
He was the Deputy Chief of Mission at US Embassy in Cyprus. In 2009-2011 he worked as Director of the Political Training Division at Foreign Service Institute. In 2008-2009 he was Counselor for Narcotics Affairs at the Embassy of the United States in Afghanistan. Before that he was Head of External Affairs Unit, Political Section at the Embassy of US in Russia, then Counselor for Political Affairs at the Embassy of US in Netherlands. In 1991-1995 worked in US embassies first in Kuwait, then in Bahrain as a Political Officer.
Education: Master's Degree in International Affairs at Columbia University - School of International and Public Affairs (Class of 1989), Attendee at American University (Class of 1987) and Bachelor's Degree in Political Science & International Relations at Yale University (Class of 1985).
He is married. His wife, Karen Lynn Enstrom, also works at United States Department of State.
Announcing the appointment of a new US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, Richard Hoagland said:
"He is a highly experienced diplomat, who has been recently serving as Charge d’Affaires of the US Mission to the International Organizations in Vienna." He added that Schofer "has experience in the settlement of the Cyprus and other conflicts. I think the Secretary of State and the State Department have chosen a brilliant Co-Chair." "The new Co-Chairs now has complete information about the Karabakh conflict and is ready to assume his duties," he said.
Recall that Richard Hoagland temporarily served as the OSCE MG Co-Chair from the United States from January 2017, after James Warlick moved to a new job.
- Another Six Large Families Will Be Provided with Houses in Artsakh "Soon 6 houses will also be handed over to their new owners, while the construction works of 10 houses are underway. Some of them are expected to be put into operation by the end of the year."
- Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels The Foreign Minister of Artsakh expressed confidence that the EU cooperation with Artsakh would play a stabilizing role and become an important contribution to establishing lasting peace in the South Caucasus....
- NKR Defense Army Serviceman Tigran Khachatryan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal NKR Defense Army Serviceman Tigran Khachatryan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal.
- Warlick: Karabakh Conflict - Issue where USA and Russia are Truly Collaborating Cavanaugh is confident that Russia cannot solve the problem on its own, and Moscow is, of course, not interested in further escalation.
- Magdalena Grono: There Is No Confidence Between Karabakh Conflict Sides The expert believes that the lack of contact, both at political and military level, is very dangerous.
First Tea and Coffee Festival Organized in Yerevan (Photos)
Madrid approves measures to strip Catalonia's autonomous powers
7 Days on the Frontline: Azerbaijan Fired More than 2,300 Shots
Knife-Wielding Man Wounds Five People in Munich
Another Six Large Families Will Be Provided with Houses in Artsakh
French Oncological Center Opened in Yerevan
Tatev Hakobyan - Vice champion of European Weightlifting Championship
Erdogan: US, EU Don't Help Turkey in Terror Fight
Premiere of Dadivank Documentary Film in Artsakh
Hamshen Armenian Intellectual's Wife Detained in Turkey
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Spanish Government Plans to Dissolve Catalonia's Parliament
NKR President Met with Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Turkey Sets Up Its First Observation Post in Idlib
Tusk Rules Out Any EU Action Over Catalonia
EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
RF Premier Dmitry Medvedev to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h