Syrian Government Troops Have Broken a Three-Year Siege in Deir Az Zor
Syrian government troops and allied forces have broken a three-year siege imposed by fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) on a government enclave in the eastern city of Deir Az Zor, according to Syria's state media, Al Jazeera reports.
Backed by Russian air support, the army and their allies had been advancing towards Deir Az Zor on several fronts in recent weeks, and on Tuesday reached the western outskirts of the city after ISIL defences collapsed.
State news agency SANA said on Tuesday that the advancing forces had joined up with fellow soldiers at the previously besieged government-held airbase known as Brigade 137 on the outskirts of Deir Az Zor city.
- Erdogan Celebrates Capturing of Afrin: What Does It Mean to Him? Note that by capturing Afrin Erdogan achieved two goals. First, as promised, there are no territories controlled by the Kurds in the Syrian border areas with Turkey. Secondly, with the victory over the...
- Russian, Iranian, Turkish Top Diplomats to Discuss Syria at Astana Talks The top diplomats will sum up the results of the Astana format, which was launched more than a year ago, and will also outline steps for settling all aspects of the Syrian crisis.
- US Does Not Exclude Military Force Against Syrian Government Forces "The military solution is not excluded in any situation, we do not want to be in the center of the Syrian conflict, but we want to do our utmost to protect people from chemical weapons," Haley said.
- Afrin: Erdogan - a Bad Policeman "We confront the Turkish aggression for 32 days. … They may have advanced to a number of positions, but on the whole the military campaign has been unsuccessful," Hedu added.
- Turkey Hits Kurds with Toxic Gas According to him, medics are working to determine the type of gas used.
Baku’s Attempts to Isolate Armenia and the Ways to Counteract Them
Germany Deports 50 Georgian Citizens
Zakharova About Lavrov's Possible Resignation
Theresa May to Encourage European Leaders to Expel Russian Intelligence Agents from Their Own Countries
NKR President Partook at an Opening Ceremony of an Independence Monument
British Ambassador Refused the Call of Russia's Foreign Ministry
Polish FM Speaks of Democracy Crisis in Europe
Putin and Trump Agree Arms Race Would Be Undesirable
St. Gregory of Narek Statue Installed in Vatican Gardens
Bako Sahakyan Met in Beirut with the Leading staff of the AGBU Lebanon Local Body
Hawking to Be Buried Near Newton’s Grave
Austria Summons Diplomat from Israel Because of 'Nazi' T-Shirt
Iranian Supreme Leader: Iran Played a Significant Role in Defeating Islamic State in the Region
Çavuşoğlu: We Have Reached "an Understanding, not an Agreement" with the US Over Manbij
Japanese FM Presented a Soccer Ball-Shaped Cake to Lavrov
Israel: The Destruction of a Nuclear Facility in 2007 in Syria a Signal for Iran Today
Great Britain - Russia: What Will the Scandal Around Skripal Lead to?
Trump: Saudi Arabia Is Going to Give the US Some of Its Wealth
Macron Wants to Boost French Language Around the World
Turkish Airstrikes Killed at Least 12 PKK Militants in Northern Iraq
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h