Aronian Plays Quick Draw with France’s Vachier-Lagrave
Grandmaster (GM) Levon Aronian (Armenia) on Wednesday faced GM Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (France) in the second classic chess match in the semifinals of the 2017 FIDE World Chess Cup being held in Tbilisi, the capital city of Georgia, news.am reports.
And a draw was recorded in the 19th move.
In Tuesday’s first classic match, the two GMs had agreed to a draw in the 32nd move.
Now, they will play a tiebreaker on Thursday.
Aside from advancing to the final of the 2017 FIDE World Chess Cup, the finalists will also be eligible to compete in the Candidates Tournament, which will be held in the German capital city of Berlin in March 2018, to determine the challenger for the World Chess Championship.
Levon Aronian plays first board for the three-time World Chess Olympiad champions and the former World Team Chess champions, Armenia.
- WhoScored: Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s best performing player As for European competition, Mkhitaryan’s rating is slightly better still, at 7.52.
- Armenian Chess Players Participate in Individual Championship of Europe Armenian women's team grandmaster Elina Danielyan will also participate in the tournament.
- Candidates Tournament: Aronian Defeated by So After nearly 6 hours into the game Aronian surrendered at the 78th move.
- Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) will not perform at the World Championship At the end of last week, the 18-year-old Russian figure skater underwent a medical examination in connection with a right foot injury, which she received last autumn.
- Mkhitaryan - Man of the Match against Watford Arsenal won 3:0, and the Armenian international scored the final goal of the match and an earlier assist.
Final Stage of “I Am the Guide of My City” Program in Yerevan
Hearings on Funding Armenia and Artsakh Held in the US Congress
US Lifts Criminal Cases Against Erdoğan’s Security Guards
Bako Sahakyan's Visit to the US Was Indeed Organized at a High Level
China Has Tested Chinese-Made Unmanned Tank for the First Time
Sarkozy - under Formal Investigation
UK Wants to Convince Its European Allies to Expel Russian Diplomats
President of Artsakh Met with the Lebanese Armenian Business Community
Six Peoples Killed in Blast at Czech Chemical Plant
Trump Set to Announce China Sanctions after IP Probe
The Syrian Government Close to Ending Rebel Resistance in Eastern Ghouta
The Armenian Government Approved a Bill on Ratification of Armenia-EU Agreement
Baku’s Attempts to Isolate Armenia and the Ways to Counteract Them
Germany Deports 50 Georgian Citizens
Zakharova About Lavrov's Possible Resignation
Theresa May to Encourage European Leaders to Expel Russian Intelligence Agents from Their Own Countries
NKR President Partook at an Opening Ceremony of an Independence Monument
British Ambassador Refused the Call of Russia's Foreign Ministry
Polish FM Speaks of Democracy Crisis in Europe
Putin and Trump Agree Arms Race Would Be Undesirable
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Diogo Pinto: 30 Years Ago Azerbaijan Launched Large-Scale Pogroms and Ethnic Cleansing against Armenians
Wind: 11.27 km/h