Adam Schiff Urges Textbook Publishers to Include More Information on Armenian Genocide
After Armenian constituents raised concerns over the lack of in-depth information provided to students about the Armenian Genocide, Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) and seven of his Congressional colleagues sent letters to history textbook publishers in California, urging them to include additional details about the tragedy in forthcoming textbook editions, "Los Angeles Times" reports.
"It’s a really necessary part of any student’s education to understand what people are capable of and under what circumstances it takes place, and how it can be avoided in the future," Schiff said.
Letters were sent to major textbook publishers, such as Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, McGraw-Hill and Pearson, said Emilie Simons, a spokeswoman for Schiff.
In 2014, Gov. Jerry Brown signed AB 1915, which required the Armenian Genocide be included in high school curricula. In 2016, Glendale Unified’s history and literature teachers underwent additional training with genocide experts to better instruct students about the Ottoman Turks’ massacre of 1.5 million Armenians beginning in 1915.
- Delegation from California on a Visit to Armenia and Artsakh "The California legislative delegation to Armenia is an important step in continuing to strengthen ties between the Republic of Armenia and the State of California," stated Nazarian.
- US State Secretary's Statement on Karabakh Conflict: What Can We Conclude? Indeed, the conflict can never get a final resolution, unless the security of the population in Artsakh is insured.
- President Serzh Sargsyan Offers Condolences to US President Donald Trump I was informed with a deep sorrow about the horrible violence in Las Vegas which claimed the lives of dozens of innocent people and injured hundreds.
- US Secretary of State Thanks Armenia We greatly appreciate these endeavors toward building a more peaceful world.
- Russian Citizens Can Obtain US Visas from American Embassies in Armenia and Georgia Issuing US visas to citizens of other countries is an ordinary working process.
First Tea and Coffee Festival Organized in Yerevan (Photos)
Madrid approves measures to strip Catalonia's autonomous powers
7 Days on the Frontline: Azerbaijan Fired More than 2,300 Shots
Knife-Wielding Man Wounds Five People in Munich
Another Six Large Families Will Be Provided with Houses in Artsakh
French Oncological Center Opened in Yerevan
Tatev Hakobyan - Vice champion of European Weightlifting Championship
Erdogan: US, EU Don't Help Turkey in Terror Fight
Premiere of Dadivank Documentary Film in Artsakh
Hamshen Armenian Intellectual's Wife Detained in Turkey
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Spanish Government Plans to Dissolve Catalonia's Parliament
NKR President Met with Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Turkey Sets Up Its First Observation Post in Idlib
Tusk Rules Out Any EU Action Over Catalonia
EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
RF Premier Dmitry Medvedev to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h