Adam Schiff Urges Textbook Publishers to Include More Information on Armenian Genocide
After Armenian constituents raised concerns over the lack of in-depth information provided to students about the Armenian Genocide, Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) and seven of his Congressional colleagues sent letters to history textbook publishers in California, urging them to include additional details about the tragedy in forthcoming textbook editions, "Los Angeles Times" reports.
"It’s a really necessary part of any student’s education to understand what people are capable of and under what circumstances it takes place, and how it can be avoided in the future," Schiff said.
Letters were sent to major textbook publishers, such as Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, McGraw-Hill and Pearson, said Emilie Simons, a spokeswoman for Schiff.
In 2014, Gov. Jerry Brown signed AB 1915, which required the Armenian Genocide be included in high school curricula. In 2016, Glendale Unified’s history and literature teachers underwent additional training with genocide experts to better instruct students about the Ottoman Turks’ massacre of 1.5 million Armenians beginning in 1915.
- US Appreciate Armenia's Role in Protecting Christians One of the reasons that the U.S. continues to support Armenia is that the latter has sheltered a number of refugee.
- Armenian Defense Minister Delivered a Lecture at the California's University There was also a reference to the Karabakh conflict, Armenia-Turkey relations and other regional issues.
- Delegation from California on a Visit to Armenia and Artsakh "The California legislative delegation to Armenia is an important step in continuing to strengthen ties between the Republic of Armenia and the State of California," stated Nazarian.
- US State Secretary's Statement on Karabakh Conflict: What Can We Conclude? Indeed, the conflict can never get a final resolution, unless the security of the population in Artsakh is insured.
- President Serzh Sargsyan Offers Condolences to US President Donald Trump I was informed with a deep sorrow about the horrible violence in Las Vegas which claimed the lives of dozens of innocent people and injured hundreds.
Israel Will Not Be Lectured to By a Leader Who Bombs His Own People: Netanyahu to Erdogan
Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers
Egypt’s President Invites Palestinian President to Cairo to Discuss Trump's Jerusalem Move
The Syrian Army and Iranian-Backed Militias Started a Military Campaign Against Rebels in Hama Province
Macron to Netanyahu: US Recognition of Jerusalem Is a Threat to Peace
BrExit: Second Round
Pope Prays for Nuclear Disarmament
UK Aims for Trade Deal with EU that Tops Canada Pact
Saakashvili Supporters Demand Ukraine's Leader Be Impeached
Archaeologists Uncover 3500-Year-Old Tomb at Egypt's Luxor (photo)
Lebanon Urges to Sanction US Over Jerusalem Decision
Hamshen Armenian Activists Released From Turkish Prison
There are Impassable Roads in Armenia
Called the Total Sum of All Corruption in the World
Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over
Eurovision- 2017 winner Salvador Sobral Has Heart Transplant
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Turns 70
Arab States Urge U.S. to Abandon Jerusalem Move
Artsakh Foreign Minister Received Chairman of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Met with Members of the Armenian National Assembly Standing Committee on Foreign Relations
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h