Adam Schiff Urges Textbook Publishers to Include More Information on Armenian Genocide
After Armenian constituents raised concerns over the lack of in-depth information provided to students about the Armenian Genocide, Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) and seven of his Congressional colleagues sent letters to history textbook publishers in California, urging them to include additional details about the tragedy in forthcoming textbook editions, "Los Angeles Times" reports.
"It’s a really necessary part of any student’s education to understand what people are capable of and under what circumstances it takes place, and how it can be avoided in the future," Schiff said.
Letters were sent to major textbook publishers, such as Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, McGraw-Hill and Pearson, said Emilie Simons, a spokeswoman for Schiff.
In 2014, Gov. Jerry Brown signed AB 1915, which required the Armenian Genocide be included in high school curricula. In 2016, Glendale Unified’s history and literature teachers underwent additional training with genocide experts to better instruct students about the Ottoman Turks’ massacre of 1.5 million Armenians beginning in 1915.
- Nikol Pashinyan Received US Ambassador to Armenia "The US government is committed to assisting the goals on democracy, human rights, transparency and accountability that will improve Armenia’s business environment and will make the country more attractive...
- United States is Ready to Co-operate With the New Government of Armenia ''As a partner and the friendly country of Armenia, the US always encouraged constructive dialogue overcome the political impasse'', State Department Spokesperson noted.
- Richard Mills: A Way to Democracy Is Not Electing Prime Minister's Candidate on the Streets During the discussion Ambassador Mills once again reaffirmed the US government's stance and stressed that all the processes should take place according to the Constitution. He added that there is no alternative...
- Glendale City Council Approves the Idea of Creating Armenian American Museum Museum representatives presented their vision for a three-story, 59 800 square-foot cultural and educational complex that would be located in the southwest corner of Central Park.
- Why Is US-Armenia Parliamentary Cooperation Important at This Stage? Such a format of cooperation is itself important as long as it is not limited to only ruling parties, but also creates new opportunities for cooperation among the US main two political parties and RA parliamentary...
10 People Executed in China
William Saroyan House-Museum in Fresno
Thousands Join London March to Demand Brexit Deal Referendum
Iran Expects Europe's Package to Save Nuclear Deal by end of June
Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country
Feast of the Discovery of St. Mary’s Box
5 Day Weather Forecast
Ethiopia: One dead and Dozens Hurt in Grenade Attack at Pro-PM Rally
Erdogan Faces Test in Critical Elections: DW
OSCE Is Eager to Step Up its Links with Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan: Permanent Representatives Return from Fruitful Trip
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Town of Karvachar
Serzh Sargsyan Sent a Congratulatory Message to Armen Sarkissian on Birthday Anniversary
The first soldier to be awarded the Victoria Cross (VC) by Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 90
US and South Korea suspend more joint military exercises
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
EU Tariffs on US Products Come into Effect
Trump Extends Sanctions Against North Korea for Another Year
EU Լeaders to Prolong Sanctions against Russia
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul
''Armenian-Russian Relations are Developing Steadily and Dynamically'' - Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Dmitry Medvedev
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Prelacy of Holy Transformation Church of Russia and New Nakhichevan Diocese (PHOTOS)
The Issue of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide is a Tool in Turkish-Israeli Relations: Armen Petrosyan
Press Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Following their Meetings with Armenian Officials
Wind: 22.53 km/h