US Does not Imagine Extraditing Gülen in Exchange for the Release of Pastor
The United States will not consider extraditing Pennsylvania-based preacher Fethullah Gülen in exchange for the release of Pastor Andrew Brunson, who has been in jail in Turkey since October 2016, a government official has said, Hurriyet reports.
"I can’t imagine that we would go down that road," State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told reporters during a press briefing.
"We have received several requests for his extradition from the Turkish government," said Nauert, regarding Turkey’s request for Gülen’s extradition.
"Though—that is something—we have not talked about this for a while … We continue to evaluate it [and] take a look at the materials that the Turkish government has provided us," she said.
It should be recalled that Turkish President Erdoğan called on the United States to exchange Gülen with Pastor Brunson.
- Assad Accused Turkey of Supporting Terrorists Turkey's attack on Afrin is related to Ankara's policy which is based on the support of terrorist groups.
- Turkish Politician Stressed that She Wrote in Twitter the Word Genocide As to her tweet about the Armenian Genocide, she stressed that she wrote the word Genocide, and the event was called the march for the Armenian Genocide victims.
- Erdogan Will Visit Vatican The visit follows phone calls between the two leaders who share concerns over the crisis and agree the status quo should remain.
- Erdogan Held a Phone Conversation with NATO Chief The NATO expressed confidence that the best way for solving the issue is an open dialogue between the allies.
- US Deeply Concerned Over Turkey’s Violations of Fundamental Human Rights Nauert stressed that the Turkish government is targeting people whose views differ from theirs.
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister: the Aim of Operation Olive Branch Is to Eliminate Terrorists
Abbas Called the EU to Recognize Palestine
President Sargsyan Meets with Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Iraq to Hold Parliamentary Elections on May 12
Turkish Army Extends Syria Operation to East of Afrin
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Officially Becomes Arsenal
RA Prime Minister: The Eurasian Integration Project Has Expanded Our Economic Boundaries
Trump’s Attendance at the World Economic Forum in Davos in Doubt
Turkey, Russia, Iran Agree on Syrian Meeting in Sochi
The Election of PACE New President Will Create Favorable Environment for Our Delegation's Work: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Indian Prisoners Will Live Together with Cows for Curing their Impure Minds
By the End of 2019 the US Embassy Will be Moved to Jerusalem. Pence
Football Tournament in Memory of Hrant Dink Was Held in Turkey
Armen Sargsyan Will Return to Armenia at the End of the Week
Will the New Parliament of Catalonia Fight for Independence
Michele Nicoletti Elected PACE President
International Arrest Warrant for Puigdemont May Be Reactivated
The Priority in the Negotiations Is the Implementation of Agreements Reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and Geneva
Three People Injured in New York Shooting
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h