US Does not Imagine Extraditing Gülen in Exchange for the Release of Pastor
The United States will not consider extraditing Pennsylvania-based preacher Fethullah Gülen in exchange for the release of Pastor Andrew Brunson, who has been in jail in Turkey since October 2016, a government official has said, Hurriyet reports.
"I can’t imagine that we would go down that road," State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told reporters during a press briefing.
"We have received several requests for his extradition from the Turkish government," said Nauert, regarding Turkey’s request for Gülen’s extradition.
"Though—that is something—we have not talked about this for a while … We continue to evaluate it [and] take a look at the materials that the Turkish government has provided us," she said.
It should be recalled that Turkish President Erdoğan called on the United States to exchange Gülen with Pastor Brunson.
- Turkey Extends State of Emergency Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) spokesman Bülent Tezcan urged the government not to extend the state of emergency over worries that it would cast shadow over the elections.
- Turkish Prosecution Files Motion Against Garo Paylan Seeking to Strip Ethnic Armenian MP of Immunity MPs are entitled to appeal the committee’s ruling, and also appeal to the Constitutional Court.
- NATO Secretary-General to Visit Turkey Turkey-NATO relations, the Turkish military’s “Operation Olive Branch” in Syria’s Afrin, counter-terrorism, reparations ahead of the 2018 Brussels Summit and regional issues are expected to be...
- Turkey-Russia: What Does Their Recent Rapprochement Mean? Thematic coverage of Russia-Turkey bilateral negotiations can be divided into two broader groups: military-political and economic one.
- Russia-Turkey Ties Grow Stronger Despite Attempts to Spoil Them: Erdogan Ankara and Moscow on Tuesday signed a number of agreements, including in the areas of communications, sports and social policy.
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime Over 320 Times
PM Serzh Sargsyan Calls on Opposition MP Nikol Pashinyan for Immediate Political Dialogue
Pashinyan Presents Main Requirements From Armenian Authorities
PM hosts Catholicos of All Armenians and Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia
Belgian Deputies: Interpol Shouldn't Be Used for Political Persecution, Visiting Artsakh is Not a Crime
North and South Koreas Open Hotline Between Leaders
Lavrov: Putin is Ready to Meet Trump
His Holiness Aram I Already in Yerevan
Turkish Parliament’s Constitutional Committee Approved the Election Bill
His Holiness Aram I to Arrive in Yerevan
Lavrov: No Moral Obligation not to Supply S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles to Syria
Assad Returns Legion of Honour Award to ''US Slave'' France After Strikes on Syria
Protests in France against Macron
OSCE/ODIHR Director Commented on Protests in Armenia
Government of Armenia Changes Time of Sessions
Theresa May Discusses Situation in Syria with Xi Jinping
Trump Orders Strikes Under his Constitutional Authorities
Sharmazanov Expressed Gratitude to the Head of Latvia-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group for the Ratification of the RA-EU Agreement
Brent Oil Price Exceeds $74 per Barrel
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Wind: 11.27 km/h