Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
OSCE PA autumn meeting entitled "Security in the OSCE Area: New Challenges, New Tasks" kicked off in Andorra today. "Armedia" IAA talked with the head of the Armenian delegation to the OSCE PA, the RA National Assembly Deputy Hermine Naghdalyan on the results of the first day of the meeting.
- Today in the framework of the OSCE PA autumn meeting Mediterranean Forum took place. Which were the main topics of discussion and in this global agenda what has Armenia to say?
- The OSCE PA autumn meeting in Andorra differs in its form, as during this session no documents will be adopted, but discussions, hearings and speeches will be made on different topics. Topics that the OSCE considered to be most relevant and important will be discussed during this meeting. On the first day of the meeting the Mediterranean Forum was held, during which a number of important topics for the OSCE area were discussed, among them the migrant crisis, fight against terrorism, issues related to the security of the national and religious minorities. In the morning, I, as the head of the delegation, and and a member of the delegation Karen Bekaryan made speeches.
Touching upon the question so important for Europe today – the migrant crisis, we emphasized that Armenia is the third country in Europe with the ratio of population to receive Syrian refugees. We mentioned that we tried to do our best in the organizational and financial terms so that those, who left their homes and found refuge in our country, could integrate. One of our main points was that starting from the process of naturalization of this people and many other things are being done in a facilitated way. We also mentioned that thousands of young people coming to Armenia from Syria are currently receiving education in Armenia, enjoying a range of healthcare services, and our government is taking special measures to integrate them and create normal living conditions for them.
This is not the first time that we have a large wave of refugees. Denying Artsakh people's right to self-determination, Azerbaijan started a war against Artsakh as a result of which many refugees came to Armenia from Azerbaijan. During today's meeting we also touched upon this question, noting that unlike our wealthy neighbor, which for decades keeps poor people in refugee camps and uses them for propaganda, there are no refugee camps in Armenia today. We have acted in the opposite way - with our limited resources trying to organize the lives of those people and integrate them.
- During the first day of the session, the issue of cyber security was also discussed. In this context what were the main emphases of the Armenian side?
- Yes, it was the second topic of today's discussion, during which our MPs were also very active. Tigran Ulikhanyan made a speech on the issue and in a very comprehensive way presented the situation that exists today - the legal framework and what legal acts need to be adopted. Our delegate also mentioned that it was necessary to take steps to strengthen cyber security in the information field.
- In general, how would you assess the results of the first day meeting?
- Our partners' speeches are welcomed here, as they are quite deep and comprehensive. The work will continue tomorrow. We have discussions on enviromental security, to which our MPs will also refer.
As you know, the Armenian delegation to the OSCE PA has recently been formed. This is just the second session that we are participating with this new team. Quite serious work is also being done in making new acquaintances, establishing new contacts with colleagues, as well as in reinforcing the old ones.
Today, I met with the OSCE PA President Christine Muttonen, during which we discussed his forthcoming visit to Armenia.
Final Stage of “I Am the Guide of My City” Program in Yerevan
Hearings on Funding Armenia and Artsakh Held in the US Congress
US Lifts Criminal Cases Against Erdoğan’s Security Guards
Bako Sahakyan's Visit to the US Was Indeed Organized at a High Level
China Has Tested Chinese-Made Unmanned Tank for the First Time
Sarkozy - under Formal Investigation
UK Wants to Convince Its European Allies to Expel Russian Diplomats
President of Artsakh Met with the Lebanese Armenian Business Community
Six Peoples Killed in Blast at Czech Chemical Plant
Trump Set to Announce China Sanctions after IP Probe
The Syrian Government Close to Ending Rebel Resistance in Eastern Ghouta
The Armenian Government Approved a Bill on Ratification of Armenia-EU Agreement
Baku’s Attempts to Isolate Armenia and the Ways to Counteract Them
Germany Deports 50 Georgian Citizens
Zakharova About Lavrov's Possible Resignation
Theresa May to Encourage European Leaders to Expel Russian Intelligence Agents from Their Own Countries
NKR President Partook at an Opening Ceremony of an Independence Monument
British Ambassador Refused the Call of Russia's Foreign Ministry
Polish FM Speaks of Democracy Crisis in Europe
Putin and Trump Agree Arms Race Would Be Undesirable
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Diogo Pinto: 30 Years Ago Azerbaijan Launched Large-Scale Pogroms and Ethnic Cleansing against Armenians
Wind: 11.27 km/h