President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
On the initiative of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs, the Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan held today talks at the residence of Switzerland’s Permanent Representative to the UN Office in Geneva and other international organizations.
The talks were attended by the Foreign Ministers of the two countries, Edward Nalbandyan and Elmar Mammadyarov, as well as OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Igor Popov (Russia), Andrew Schofer (USA), Stefan Visconti (France) and Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk.
Presidents Serzh Sargsyan and Ilham Aliyev held a private meeting following the talks. They discussed the possibilities of advancing the negotiation process on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. As a result of the talks, the Presidents agreed to take measures to intensify the negotiation process and to take additional steps to reduce tensions on the Line of Contact.
The Co-Chairs expressed their satisfaction with these direct talks, which took place after a long interval. They remain ready to work with the sides on mediating a peacefully negotiated settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
The Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs made a joint statement on the results of the negotiations.
At the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia in Geneva, the Swiss Confederation, President Serzh Sargsyan met with the representatives of the Armenian community in Switzerland. In his introductory speech, President Sargsyan presented the results of the talks with the President of Azerbaijan.
“The meeting with the President of Azerbaijan ended a few minutes ago. It can be stated that no specific arrangements have been made about the settlement options. But we have agreed to take measures to ease the tension so that we do not have losses in the front line.
I must say that both the President of Azerbaijan and I are deeply concerned about it. May God have him always think so. He, too, understands the complexity of the problem just as I do, of course, but the problem is such that there will never be an easy solution. However, I wish to assure you that we do not see any such solution as may undermine Karabakh’s security in a way or another.
The only solution acceptable for us is that Karabakh be outside Azerbaijan. Never can any Armenian leader accept and implement other solution whatsoever, and for that reason, we will do our utmost to develop Armenia by strengthening our country’s economy,” the President of Armenia said.
- MFA: Turkey Is Light-Years Away from the Essence of Karabakh Conflict Turkey should continue to stay away from the NK conflict settlement process as much as possible.
- Matthew Bryza: Karabakh - an Example of Absolute Cooperation Between the US and Russia "We have completely opposing views on the conflict in Georgia (South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008 - Ed.), And at the same time we are absolutely cooperating on Nagorno-Karabakh and on combating terrorism,"...
- 2018 Budget of Artsakh Will Pay Special Attention to Settlement Projects To note, the settlement processes in Artsakh have been mainly organized by other projects during the recent years such as the one encouraging families to have many children, settlement of Syrian Armenians.
- Nalbandian Meets with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs The possibility of organizing a meeting between the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan was discussed.
- Artsakh-Armenia: What Are the Possible New Directions of Cooperation? The parliaments of Artsakh and Armenia, using their international connections, can conduct targeted work to open the offices of international conflict transformation and humanitarian organizations in Artsakh.
The Trilateral Meeting on Syria of Turkish, Russian, Iranisn FMs Was Useful: Lavrov
About 600 Migrants From Africa Were Rescued off Spanish Coast
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Palestinians Vow to Suspend Talks if US Closes PLO Mission
Baku Pogrom Eyewitness Calls on not to Forget the Armenian Massacres
Russian FM to Pay Official Visit to Armenia
ISIL Car Bombing Killed at Least 20 People Near the City of Deir Az Zor
Lebanese Prime Minister in France to Talk to Macron
RA President Received Foreign Minister of Brazil
During the Past Week Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime About 200 Times
Saudi Arabia Recalled Its Ambassador in Germany
Russia Blocked Syria Toxic Gas Inquiry
Lebanese Prime Minister Left for France
Princes Arrested in Saudi Arabia are Offered to Pay for their Freedom
Lukashenko Signed the Law on the Customs Code of the Eurasian Economic Union
Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanyan got Married
European Parliament Calls for End to Karabakh Conflict
Britain to Pay 400 Million-Pound Debt to Iran Soon
Trump's "Spitting Image" to Go on Show
New Earthquake Recorded in Azerbaijan
Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
Armenian Foreign Minister: There Could Be No Holocaust If the Armenian Genocide Was Recognized in Time
Medvedev Posted Photos of Armenia
RA Prime Minister Donated His One-Year Salary to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
Not Only Kirkuk and Mosul, but also the Western Thrace And the Crimea Should Be Joined to Turkey: Turkish Party Leader
We Condemn the Assassination Attempt on the Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group: Karen Bekaryan
Erdogan Passes to a Policy of Cursing Armenia
EAEU Development Tendencies, Formation of Energy Market, Armenia's Participation in Integration Processes
RA Foreign Policy Priorities in the RA-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (Reference)
With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h