EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that European Union leaders have agreed to reduce financial assistance for helping Turkey get ready for possible EU membership due to that country's violations of the rule of law and human rights, dailymail.co.uk informs.
But Merkel also stressed that she wants to keep talking to Turkey and said there is no consensus among leaders of the 28-member bloc to completely end membership talks with Turkey, which have been underway since 2005.
Speaking at a summit in Brussels, Merkel criticized the "absolutely unsatisfying human rights situation" in Turkey, but said she wanted to "avoid a showdown" and does not wish "to break bridges" with the NATO country.
- State Department Compared US-Turkey Relations with Marriage However, she added that Turkey is a NATO member and it is a valued ally of the United States.
- Turkey Will Elect Its Parliamentary Speaker The election will be conducted by secret ballot and will be finalized in a maximum of four rounds of voting.
- US State Department Issues a Travel Ban for Europe Terrorists persist in employing a variety of tactics, including firearms, explosives, using vehicles as ramming devices, and sharp-edged weapons that are difficult to detect prior to an attack.
- Turkey Joins UNESCO’s Executive Board Turkey was selected as a board member of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Turkey Installed Video Surveillance Cameras on Armenian border The cameras are installed by the local government of the Kars region of Turkey for the constant monitoring of the border line.
Sharmazanov: Armenia Can Serve as a Dialogue Bridge between EU and EAEU
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Will Gather to Review 2018 Aurora Prize Nominations
Artsakh State Minister Discusses Trade Connections with Californian Senator
Iraqi Forces Launch the Final Campaign Against the ISIS
Russia, Iran and Turkey Agreed to Hold Syrian People's Congress
Bako Sahakyan Had a Meeting at the French National Assembly
Serzh Sargsyan Attends Opening of Tsaghkadzor Open International Chess Tournament
Iranian President Sees New Prospects for Syrian Settlement
Putin: The Disintegration of Syria Has Been Prevented
US Called Myanmar Military Operation Against the Rohingya Population "Ethnic Cleansing"
Armenian FM: We Have Always Had Very Strong Relations with Muslim Nations and States
Mkhitaryan on 50-footballer Shortlist for UEFA 2017 Team of the Year
Erdogan: All Sides Should Contribute to Reach a Permanent Political Solution in Syria
Escape from North Korea: Video Shows North Korean Soldier Making a Run for Freedom (Video)
China Unveils Monster "Sea Tank" (Video)
Mourinho Has No Problem with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
North Korea Bans Drinking and Singing Parties
Hariri Shelved His Decision to Resign
Ratko Mladic Found Guilty of Genocide over Bosnia War
Armenian Dram Turns 20
Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
Armenian Foreign Minister: There Could Be No Holocaust If the Armenian Genocide Was Recognized in Time
Medvedev Posted Photos of Armenia
RA Prime Minister Donated His One-Year Salary to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
We Condemn the Assassination Attempt on the Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group: Karen Bekaryan
Erdogan Passes to a Policy of Cursing Armenia
EAEU Development Tendencies, Formation of Energy Market, Armenia's Participation in Integration Processes
With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
D. Babayan: If Artsakh Issue is a Bleeding Wound for Turkey, what about the Issue of Armenian, Greek, Kurdish Genocides?
Andrew Schofer: US Calls Upon Karabakh Conflict Sides to Fully Implement the Decisions Taken at Vienna and St. Petersburg Meetings
Wind: 11.27 km/h