Civil Society Cooperation in the EU-RA Agreement (Reference)
Recently the EU published the "Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement Between the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community and Their Member States, of the One Part, and the Republic of Armenia, of the Other Part" initialized with Armenia, the final signing of which is expected in the near future. "Armedia" IAA presents a series of materials on the most important issues that have become topics of hot discussions.
Later, if necessary, taking into consideration public interests, we will also address those issues that are not included in this series.
In the EU-RA Agreement there is a reference on civil society cooperation (Title III, Articles 102-108, total number of pages - 5).
The Agreement says that the Parties should establish a dialogue on civil-society cooperation to strengthen contacts and the exchange of information and experience between all sectors of civil society in the European Union and in the Republic of Armenia, to ensure a better knowledge and understanding of the Republic of Armenia, including its history and culture and to ensure a better knowledge and understanding of the European Union in the Republic of Armenia.
Besides the Agreement says that the Parties commit themselves to promote dialogue and cooperation between civil-society stakeholders from both sides to ensure involvement of civil society in relations between the EU and Armenia, to enhance civil-society participation in the public decision-making process, in particular by establishing an open, transparent and regular dialogue between, on the one hand, public institutions and, on the other, representative associations and civil society. The Agreement says that a regular dialogue will take place between the Parties on the issues covered by this Chapter.
- Ambassador of Poland to Armenia Presented His Credentials to RA President Thankful for the reception, the Ambassador said that during his tenure, he will face the priority task of exerting consistent efforts to deepen the Armenian-Polish economic ties, which have great development...
- President of the National Assembly of Artsakh: EU-RA Agreement Will Indirectly Have an Influence on #Artsakh "The Armenia-EU CEPA, which sets new framework for better investment climate, predictability and stability of business environment, liberalisation of services and trade as well as strengthening democracy...
- Armenia’s Agreement with the European Union Does Not Impose Threat for Russia Not only Armenia but also EAEU partner countries will do their best to take maximum advantage of this opportunity.
- Sharmazanov: Armenia Can Serve as a Dialogue Bridge between EU and EAEU "The Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership agreement between the EU and Armenia will open new opportunities for the EAEU member states so that they will be able to attract economic investments from the...
- Swedish Charge d’ Affaires in Yerevan: New EU-Armenia Agreement Will Provide New Opportunities for Cooperation in Multiple Fields The diplomat is confident that it will be easier for Armenian and Swedish authorities and organizations to learn from each other’s experiences, and for Armenian businesses to take part in the European...
Merkel Hopes to Avoid Trade War with US
Saudi Arabia Prince to Meet Trump
If the World Continues to Silently Support Erdogan the Hands of Turkey Will Go Beyond Syria
Erdogan Celebrates Capturing of Afrin: What Does It Mean to Him?
Serzh Sargsyan Called a Consultative Meeting to Discuss the Preparations for the Major State Events
School Bombing in Syria's Eastern Ghouta: At Least 16 Children Killed
How Real Is for Aliyev the Threat of Islamists Returning From the Middle East?
Artsakh Develops Relations with the USA at Different Levels
Erdogan Accuses the US for "Trying to Deceive Turkey"
The US Calls on Turkey to End the State of Emergency
Abbas Accuses Hamas of Orchestrating the Explosion that Targeted the Convoy of Prime Minister
Turkish Scholar: There Has Never Been a Turkish Race; it’s a Synthesis
March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness
Prime Minister of Armenia Received Ambassador of China and Vice President of Powerchina International Group Limited
The Delegation of Francophonie Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
Life Is a Celebration, but Vaastu Shastra Makes It More Harmonious (EXCLUSIVE)
RA MoD: The Life of the Wounded Soldier Is not in Danger
NKR Defense Army Shot Down an Azerbaijani Drone (Pics)
White House Explains Why Trump Didn’t Congratulate Putin on Election
EU to Keep Pressure on North Korea over its Nuclear Program
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h