EU-RA Cooperation in Civil Protection: EU-RA Agreement (Reference)
Recently the EU published the "Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement Between the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community and Their Member States, of the One Part, and the Republic of Armenia, of the Other Part" initialized with Armenia, the final signing of which is expected in the near future. "Armedia" IAA presents a series of materials on the most important issues that have become topics of hot discussions.
Later, if necessary, taking into consideration public interests, we will also address those issues that are not included in this series.
The agreement refers to the issues on the civil protection in Articles 109-112 of Part III. The overall size is 3 pages.
The agreement defines the new frameworks of the RA-EU cooperation among others also referring to the cooperation of the sides in the sphere of the civil protection. In particular, the sides should develop and strengthen their cooperation on natural and man-made disasters. Cooperation shall be conducted while taking into account the interests of the Parties on the basis of equality and mutual benefit as well as the interdependence existing between the Parties and multilateral activities in the field. The sides shall, inter alia, exchange information and expertise and implement joint activities on a bilateral basis and/or within the framework of multilateral programs.
As the document states, the cooperation may cover the following objectives: exchanging and regularly updating contact details in order to ensure continuity of dialogue and in order to be able to contact each other on a 24-hour basis; facilitating mutual assistance in case of major emergencies, as appropriate and subject to the availability of sufficient resources; exchanging on a 24-hour basis early warnings and updated information on large-scale emergencies affecting the European Union or the Republic of Armenia, including requests for and offers of assistance; exchanging information on the provision of assistance by Parties to third countries for emergencies where the EU Civil Protection Mechanism is activated; cooperating with regard to host-nation support when requesting or providing assistance; exchanging best practices and guidelines in the field of disaster prevention, preparedness and response; cooperating on disaster risk reduction by addressing, inter alia: institutional linkages and advocacy; information, education and communication; and best practices aimed at preventing or mitigating the impact of natural hazards; cooperating with a view to improving the knowledge base on disasters and on hazard and risk assessment for disaster management, etc.
- President of the National Assembly of Artsakh: EU-RA Agreement Will Indirectly Have an Influence on #Artsakh "The Armenia-EU CEPA, which sets new framework for better investment climate, predictability and stability of business environment, liberalisation of services and trade as well as strengthening democracy...
- Armenia’s Agreement with the European Union Does Not Impose Threat for Russia Not only Armenia but also EAEU partner countries will do their best to take maximum advantage of this opportunity.
- Sharmazanov: Armenia Can Serve as a Dialogue Bridge between EU and EAEU "The Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership agreement between the EU and Armenia will open new opportunities for the EAEU member states so that they will be able to attract economic investments from the...
- Swedish Charge d’ Affaires in Yerevan: New EU-Armenia Agreement Will Provide New Opportunities for Cooperation in Multiple Fields The diplomat is confident that it will be easier for Armenian and Swedish authorities and organizations to learn from each other’s experiences, and for Armenian businesses to take part in the European...
- The EU Is Set for Signing the New Armenia-EU Agreement in November The statement was made with the request of Mediamax.
Artsakh Republic President Attended Exhibition Devoted to the Life of Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkish University Administration Has Removed the Flag of Azerbaijan Demanding to Bring Back the Armenian Tricolor
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h