With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The work of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly continues in Kiev. “Armedia” IAA has talked with the member of the Armenian delegation to the Euronest PA, Deputy of the RA National Assembly, Karine Atshemyan on the work of the Armenian delegation in the Euronest PA.
- Mrs. Atshemyan, the session of the Euronest PA continues. How would you assess the activity of the Armenian delegation? What issues are being voiced?
- Fortunately, this time almost all the delegates are present, there are only two delegates, who are absent. I think that the presence of almost all the delegates plays a very important role as everything related to different issues is being carried out in a more consolidated, constructive and purposeful way. Even the head of the Ukrainian delegation noted that it was very nice to see a united and active delegation.
The presence of all delegation members is important because we have different discussions at different committees at the same time, there is voting, and in that sense their presence is very important, both in terms of activity and quantity.
I should mention that it would be desirable for our European partners, who are among the initiators of the formation of Euronest, to be here with more representative staff. This time their number is relatively small, which cannot have a positive impact on the work of the structure. The presence of our partners from the European Parliament is important here for more active and full-fledged work.
- What is the reason that so few European partners are present?
- I cannot say it for sure. Maybe, it is connected with the developments in Kiev, other reasons, unknown to us, may also be possible. Nevertheless, for the effectiveness of our future works, I think, their presence is very important.
- Mrs. Atshemyan, in the framework of the Euronest PA the meeting of the European People’s Party took place. How would you assess the effectiveness of that meeting?
- As a member of the Republican Party of Armenia I participated in the meeting of the European People's Party (EPP). We have discussed various issues, we have expressed our position on all the delegations' initiatives and reports. For example, in the Social Commission, the Azerbaijani side came up with a proposal unacceptable for us. It was about the Karabakh issue. However, with the efforts of our EPP partners, the Azerbaijani proposal was rejected.
In general, I must say that our work in all commissions gave their results. Our proposals were accepted, and the ones that were not in our interests were rejected. In this regard, I consider our work to be very positive and efficient.
Meetings, discussions and personal contacts with our European colleagues in this format are important so that in the future in other international structures we are able to provide a similar position on the issues important for us and have friends who will support us.
Artsakh Republic President Attended Exhibition Devoted to the Life of Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkish University Administration Has Removed the Flag of Azerbaijan Demanding to Bring Back the Armenian Tricolor
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h