Artsakh-Armenia: What Are the Possible New Directions of Cooperation?
Last week another session of Armenia-Artsakh inter-parliamentary commission took place. During the meeting a reference was made to the discussions on Karabakh conflict on international platforms, underlining the necessity and importance of voicing the stance of Artsakh during those discussions. Such a choice of the topic is itself important, but it will not be correct to be satisfied only by the commitment of the RA NA deputies to present Artsakh’s stance on various platforms. Taking into consideration the existing experience of cooperation, it is necessary to define new directions of work for the parliamentary diplomacy of the two countries, which will result in the efficient use of the existing potential.
For the parliaments of he two countries, as an important issue can be considered the engagement of Artsakh representatives in the parliamentary and other formats of cooperation via joint and coordinated efforts. In particular, active work should be done to engage official Stepanakert in the international discussions on Artsakh taking into consideration the existing precedents (for example, Kosovo).
The parliaments of Artsakh and Armenia, using their international connections, can conduct targeted work to open the offices of international conflict transformation and humanitarian organizations in Artsakh.
Another direction of productive work can be strengthening the international connections of Artsakh parliamentarians. In this context, it will be useful to engage Artsakh parliamentarians in the meetings with the MPs of different countries (among others also in the format of parliamentary friendship groups).
In the framework of the bilateral cooperation special attention should be made also to the development of Artsakh experts’ skills and the possibilities to widen their international connections.
The above mentioned directions of the cooperation between parliaments of Artsakh and Armenia can become a wide sphere for the use of the existing potential. It is important to realize that the obstacles of non-recognition can be overcome by the use of innovative approaches.
- The Number of Marriages in Artsakh Increased in 2017 In 2017 the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Artsakh has registered 23 cases of foreign citizens' marriage permissions.
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs' Meeting Over in Krakow The meeting was initiated by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs.
- US Congressman Called to Expand US-Artsakh Ties ANCA thanked Congressman Pallone for taking a legislative sledgehammer to the walls that have, for far too long, prevented the very type of open dialogue that is so very necessary for a durable and democratic...
- Edward Nalbandian Met with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs in Krakow Upon the initiative of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs, the meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Edward Nalbandian and Elmar Mammadyarov is scheduled to be held on January 18 in Krakow....
- OSCE Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan From the opposite side of the border, the monitoring was conducted by Field Assistant to the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Ghenadie Petrica.
- Our Ultimate Goal is to Have a United Armenia: Head of the "Democracy" Faction of Artsakh National Assembly We think that in Artsakh there should be a strong, centralized President's Institute rather than a parliamentary government. In the warring country, we believe, the presidential administration works much...
- Artsakh's Foreign Policy of 2017: Innovative Approaches Should Be Developed In 2017, about two dozen delegations visited Artsakh. Delegations included representatives from international organizations (the EU, the International Union of Socialist Youth), parliaments of different...
- Foreign Affairs Standing Committees of Armenia and Artsakh will Hold a Joint Session During the joint session Speaker of the Artsakh Parliament Ashot Ghoulyan, Armen Ashotyan and chairman of the Artsakh parliamentary standing committee on foreign affairs Arzik Mkhitaryan will deliver remarks.
- Artsakh State Minister Discusses Trade Connections with Californian Senator The sides, in particular, discussed the ways to deepen political and trade ties between Artsakh and California and agreed on future steps.
- Artsakh President Received Heads of Armenian Banks The Head of the State noted with satisfaction active cooperation of the two Armenian republics in this field highlighting the maintenance of close cooperation in the future too.
Shutdown in US Congress
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
Russia Starts Withdrawing Troops from Syria's Afrin
RA President meets with RPA nominee for Presidency Armen Sargsyan
The Number of Marriages in Artsakh Increased in 2017
Puigdemont May Rule Catalonia by Skype
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Azerbaijani Serviceman Killed
RA Prime Minister to Attend the World Economic Forum in Davos
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
US State Department Calls on Turkey Not to Take Any Action in Afrin
The Air Temperature Will Not Change Considerably
Armenian Community of France to Reintroduce Criminalization of Armenian Genocide denial into Agenda of 2018
A Universal Blood Test for Cancer Already Designed
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Called for Pursuing Trust-Building Measures
Trump Called Mexico the Most Dangerous Country in the World
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs' Meeting Over in Krakow
Trump Says Mexico Has to Pay for Border Wall 'Directly or Indirectly'
Tillerson Denied the Reports of Creating Border Forces in Northern Syria
Aram Ateshyan: It's an Honor for me to Be Erdogan's Brother
Garo Paylan Says Received Intelligence Data About Assassination Plans Targeting Turkish-Armenians Living in Europe
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Turkish Politician Says Turkey May Face Terrible Scenarios: Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia Will Unite Against It
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
The Head of the General Staff of Armenia: The Commander Who Hurried to Help His Soldier Was Also Wounded
Our Ultimate Goal is to Have a United Armenia: Head of the "Democracy" Faction of Artsakh National Assembly
Foreign Minister Nalbandian Discussed Visa Liberalization Between Armenia and the EU with Minister of the Interior of France
Wind: 11.27 km/h