Artsakh-Armenia: What Are the Possible New Directions of Cooperation?
Last week another session of Armenia-Artsakh inter-parliamentary commission took place. During the meeting a reference was made to the discussions on Karabakh conflict on international platforms, underlining the necessity and importance of voicing the stance of Artsakh during those discussions. Such a choice of the topic is itself important, but it will not be correct to be satisfied only by the commitment of the RA NA deputies to present Artsakh’s stance on various platforms. Taking into consideration the existing experience of cooperation, it is necessary to define new directions of work for the parliamentary diplomacy of the two countries, which will result in the efficient use of the existing potential.
For the parliaments of he two countries, as an important issue can be considered the engagement of Artsakh representatives in the parliamentary and other formats of cooperation via joint and coordinated efforts. In particular, active work should be done to engage official Stepanakert in the international discussions on Artsakh taking into consideration the existing precedents (for example, Kosovo).
The parliaments of Artsakh and Armenia, using their international connections, can conduct targeted work to open the offices of international conflict transformation and humanitarian organizations in Artsakh.
Another direction of productive work can be strengthening the international connections of Artsakh parliamentarians. In this context, it will be useful to engage Artsakh parliamentarians in the meetings with the MPs of different countries (among others also in the format of parliamentary friendship groups).
In the framework of the bilateral cooperation special attention should be made also to the development of Artsakh experts’ skills and the possibilities to widen their international connections.
The above mentioned directions of the cooperation between parliaments of Artsakh and Armenia can become a wide sphere for the use of the existing potential. It is important to realize that the obstacles of non-recognition can be overcome by the use of innovative approaches.
- NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO) "Such a style of behavior was expected and fully complies with the tactics pursued by the military-political leadership of Baku," the statement says.
- Artsakh Denies Opening Gunfire, Wounding Azerbaijani Villager The defense ministry of the Republic of Artsakh is announcing that the army is strictly adhering to the ceasefire regime.
- OSCE Conducted Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- Bako Sahakyan Met with Andrzej Kasprzyk The meeting addressed a range of issues related to the situation along the contact line between the Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces.
- Artsakh Foreign Minister Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office The sides discussed the situation on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
- Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh He added that economic and social projects, favorable tax field and investment opportunities of Artsakh will be presented to the business circles.
- Head of the Parliament:One of the Most Important Goals Is the Internationalization of Artsakh At the end of the lecture the Head of the Parliament, turning to students of Armenian universities, advised while planning their future to think not only about working in Yerevan or other cities of Armenia,...
- Speaker of the Artsakh Parliament: Armenia and Artsakh Would Be Difficult to Imagine Without the Support of the Entire Armenian Nation Welcoming the guest, the Speaker of the Artsakh Parliament noted, that today's Armenia and Artsakh would be difficult to imagine without the support of the entire Armenian nation and the institutional...
- Presentation of Book Dedicated to Marshal Baghramyan to Be Held in Artsakh Head of cultural heritage of folk arts department of the Artsakh Ministry of Culture, Youth Affairs and Tourism, Erazik Danielyan stated that the book is being published for the first time.
- Foreign Ministries of Artsakh and Armenia Had Regular Consultations In the frameworks of the consultations the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian received Ashot Hovakimyan.
Opposition MP: I Was Assured that Nikol Pashinyan Is Ok
The EU Calls for Inclusive Dialogue in Armenia
Ara Babloyan: Leaders of the Protests Should Understand that They Take on Them All Further Developments
Armen Sarkissian: the Ongoing Developments in Our Country Have Reached a Dangerous Line
NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO)
Azerbaijan Views Inner-Armenian Developments as Factor to Unleash New Military Adventurism: NKR Defense Ministry’s Board
In Armenia Priests Join Protestors to Prevent Clashes
President's Office: Nikol Pashinyan presented Sarkissian conversation inaccurately
EU Delegation, Member States Call for Urgent Negotiated Solution in Yerevan Protests
Artsakh President Met with Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II
The Air Temperature in Armenia Will Gradually Go Up
US Congressmen Urge Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide
Artsakh President Met President of Armenia
Serzh Sargsyan Left the Negotiations
Armenia PM Serzh Sargsyan Meets the Opposition Leader in Marriott
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime Over 320 Times
PM Serzh Sargsyan Calls on Opposition MP Nikol Pashinyan for Immediate Political Dialogue
Pashinyan Presents Main Requirements From Armenian Authorities
PM hosts Catholicos of All Armenians and Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Wind: 11.27 km/h