Turkey Warns Possible US Move to Recognize Jerusalem as Israeli Capital Will be a 'Disaster'
An expected move this week by United States President Donald Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital would be a “disaster” for the region, Turkish government spokesperson Bekir Bozdag said, Hurriyet reports.
“If other steps are taken for Jerusalem, whose status is under protection by international agreements, the outcome will be disaster,” Bozdag said, speaking after a cabinet meeting.
Such a move would “entirely abolish the peace process” and “pave the way for new uneasiness,” he said, adding that unforeseen and open ended incidents could come up.
Neither Israelis nor Palestinians nor others would benefit from such a move, the spokesperson said.
“International agreements and United Nations resolutions require the protection of Jerusalem’s status, and the U.N. has a separate commitment to maintain this status. Turkey reminds everyone once again of their responsibilities and commitments at this point,” he said.
- Turkey Has Released German Journalist Government spokesman Steffen Seibert said it was too early to say what impact Tolu’s release would have on strained relations between the two NATO allies.
- The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination The Greek police seized notes during the arrest that revealed the suspects had planned to use rocket launchers, hand grenades, and Molotov cocktails in the assassination.
- Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey He is suspected of having links to the movement of Fethullah Gulen, whom the Ankara authorities accuse of the organization of a coup attempt on July.
- We Will Enter the Spring of 2018 Without Armenian-Turkish Protocols: Nalbandian However, up to now, those documents have not been ratified, since Turkey came up with groundless preconditions that run counter to the letter and spirit of the Protocols.
- Erdogan Urged Muslim Leaders to Recognize Jerusalem as a Capital of the Palestinian State Erdogan went on to accuse Israel of being a "state of terror".
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h