UK Aims for Trade Deal with EU that Tops Canada Pact
Britain is aiming to secure a comprehensive free trade deal with the European Union and wants it to be signed shortly after it leaves the bloc in 2019, Brexit minister David Davis said on Sunday, Reuters reports.
After securing an initial agreement on Friday to move Brexit talks to a second phase, Prime Minister Theresa May is keen to start discussing future ties with the EU, and especially the type of trading agreement to try to offer greater certainty for businesses.
But despite Davis striking a confident tone, EU officials say they will only launch negotiations on a legally binding treaty after Britain leaves and becomes a “third country”, according to draft negotiating guidelines.
“It’s not that complicated, it comes right back to the alignment point ... We start in full alignment, we start in complete convergence so we can work it out from there,” Davis told the BBC’s Andrew Marr show.
- EU Says Finance Sector Ready for Disorderly Brexit The EU was not being threatening toward Britain by preparing for a possible “cliff edge” Brexit, European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen told reporters in Brussels.
- No Question of a Second Brexit Referendum - Britain PM “We are leaving the EU and there is no question of a second referendum or going back and I think that’s important,” May told the Munich Security Conference.
- Britain's May Gets 9 Billion Pounds Deals in China Britain is trying to reinvent itself as a global trading nation after a 2016 referendum decision to leave the European Union, and China, the world’s second-largest economy, is high on the list of countries...
- EU Heads Say the Door Remains Open for the UK to Stay in the EU "Brexit will become a reality, with all its negative consequences, in March next year, unless there is a change of heart among our British friends," Tusk posted on Twitter.
- BrExit High on Agenda for Emmanuel Macron's Visit to Britain Following the decision last month of EU leaders to green light the second phase of the BrExit talks, Britain’s impending withdrawal from the bloc is likely to feature prominently in their discussions.
Final Stage of “I Am the Guide of My City” Program in Yerevan
Hearings on Funding Armenia and Artsakh Held in the US Congress
US Lifts Criminal Cases Against Erdoğan’s Security Guards
Bako Sahakyan's Visit to the US Was Indeed Organized at a High Level
China Has Tested Chinese-Made Unmanned Tank for the First Time
Sarkozy - under Formal Investigation
UK Wants to Convince Its European Allies to Expel Russian Diplomats
President of Artsakh Met with the Lebanese Armenian Business Community
Six Peoples Killed in Blast at Czech Chemical Plant
Trump Set to Announce China Sanctions after IP Probe
The Syrian Government Close to Ending Rebel Resistance in Eastern Ghouta
The Armenian Government Approved a Bill on Ratification of Armenia-EU Agreement
Baku’s Attempts to Isolate Armenia and the Ways to Counteract Them
Germany Deports 50 Georgian Citizens
Zakharova About Lavrov's Possible Resignation
Theresa May to Encourage European Leaders to Expel Russian Intelligence Agents from Their Own Countries
NKR President Partook at an Opening Ceremony of an Independence Monument
British Ambassador Refused the Call of Russia's Foreign Ministry
Polish FM Speaks of Democracy Crisis in Europe
Putin and Trump Agree Arms Race Would Be Undesirable
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Diogo Pinto: 30 Years Ago Azerbaijan Launched Large-Scale Pogroms and Ethnic Cleansing against Armenians
Wind: 11.27 km/h