What Important Events are Expected in the World in 2018?
The end of the year is an opportunity not only to summarize the passing year, but also to plan and set expectations for the coming year. "Armedia" IAA presents the most important events that are expected in the world in 2018.
Thus, as 2017, 2018 is also expected to be important in the context of international relations or at least regional developments as many parliamentary and presidential elections will take place. Particularly, in 2018 parliamentary elections are expected in Lebanon, Hungary and Moldova. Presidential elections are expected in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Russia. Although the results of the latter have been quite predictable for analysts, the upcoming March 18 elections in Russia will be the most significant event of the world politics next year.
It should be noted that 2018 will be decisive for Armenia's political life as well. In the spring of 2018 Armenia will completely pass to the parliamentary form of government. The country will be headed by the Prime Minister, and it is not clear yet who the Prime Minister will be.
Another important event of 2018 for Armenia and the world is the 27th summit of the Francophonie Organization, which will be held in Yerevan.
The coming year will be quite rich in sport events. The 23rd Winter Olympics will be held in Phenchhan, South Korea, from 5-25 February, 2018. These games have already been marked by the fact that the International Olympic Committee deprived Russia of the right to participate in the Games.
Another important event is the 21st World Football Championship, which will take place from June 14 to July 15 in Russia.
Among the memorable events of 2018 are also the 12th Parolympic Winter Games, Asian Summer Games, the 3rd Youth Olympic Games and the World Chess Olympiad.
- How to Make a Glint-wine? Cheer Up Yourself with This Warm Delicious Beverage Follow this simple recipe to conjure up a touch of winter magic in your own kitchen.
- Happy New Year: Let 2018 Be Full of Miracles Let's do some good deeds in 2018: help the stranger, give money to poor, smile to passersby. And the world will change. Because good is contagious!
- How Was 2017 for Georgia? Perhaps the key event in 2017 was the constitutional reform aimed at strengthening the parliamentary system of governance. Georgi Margvelashvili, the president of the country, and some opposition forces,...
- How New Year is Celebrated in Different Parts of the World Although New Year is an international holiday and the calendar year changes for everyone at the same time, it is celebrated with many different traditions and ceremonies.
- 2017's Top 10 Bestseller Books in Armenia The "Bookinist" company, which has the largest network of bookstores in our city, has presented the top 10 bestsellers of 2017 at the request of Armedia IAA.
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Trump must be Removed for "Treasonous Conduct" with Putin, Former White House Ethics Chief Says
Armenia PM, First President Meet
Nikol Pashinyan, Petros Terzian Discuss Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Further Activities
Putin, Trump Not to Exchange Gifts?
EU is Ready to Help Armenia: EU Envoy
Lavrov, Pompeo Holding Their First Meeting in Helsinki
Princes Charles, William Unwilling to Meet with Trump during UK Visit
Paris Turns to Violence after France’s World Cup Victory Over Croatia
Israeli Rockets Strike Military Position Near Aleppo
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
What Does Armenian Prime Minister Expect from EU?
Trump Criticises Obama over US 2016 Election Hack
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Wind: 6.44 km/h