What Important Events are Expected in the World in 2018?
The end of the year is an opportunity not only to summarize the passing year, but also to plan and set expectations for the coming year. "Armedia" IAA presents the most important events that are expected in the world in 2018.
Thus, as 2017, 2018 is also expected to be important in the context of international relations or at least regional developments as many parliamentary and presidential elections will take place. Particularly, in 2018 parliamentary elections are expected in Lebanon, Hungary and Moldova. Presidential elections are expected in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Russia. Although the results of the latter have been quite predictable for analysts, the upcoming March 18 elections in Russia will be the most significant event of the world politics next year.
It should be noted that 2018 will be decisive for Armenia's political life as well. In the spring of 2018 Armenia will completely pass to the parliamentary form of government. The country will be headed by the Prime Minister, and it is not clear yet who the Prime Minister will be.
Another important event of 2018 for Armenia and the world is the 27th summit of the Francophonie Organization, which will be held in Yerevan.
The coming year will be quite rich in sport events. The 23rd Winter Olympics will be held in Phenchhan, South Korea, from 5-25 February, 2018. These games have already been marked by the fact that the International Olympic Committee deprived Russia of the right to participate in the Games.
Another important event is the 21st World Football Championship, which will take place from June 14 to July 15 in Russia.
Among the memorable events of 2018 are also the 12th Parolympic Winter Games, Asian Summer Games, the 3rd Youth Olympic Games and the World Chess Olympiad.
- How to Make a Glint-wine? Cheer Up Yourself with This Warm Delicious Beverage Follow this simple recipe to conjure up a touch of winter magic in your own kitchen.
- Happy New Year: Let 2018 Be Full of Miracles Let's do some good deeds in 2018: help the stranger, give money to poor, smile to passersby. And the world will change. Because good is contagious!
- How Was 2017 for Georgia? Perhaps the key event in 2017 was the constitutional reform aimed at strengthening the parliamentary system of governance. Georgi Margvelashvili, the president of the country, and some opposition forces,...
- How New Year is Celebrated in Different Parts of the World Although New Year is an international holiday and the calendar year changes for everyone at the same time, it is celebrated with many different traditions and ceremonies.
- 2017's Top 10 Bestseller Books in Armenia The "Bookinist" company, which has the largest network of bookstores in our city, has presented the top 10 bestsellers of 2017 at the request of Armedia IAA.
Kabul's Intercontinental Hotel Under Attack
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Artsakh President's Congratulatory Address on the Day of the Judicial System Worker
Shutdown in US Congress
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
Russia Starts Withdrawing Troops from Syria's Afrin
RA President meets with RPA nominee for Presidency Armen Sargsyan
The Number of Marriages in Artsakh Increased in 2017
Puigdemont May Rule Catalonia by Skype
New Act against Iran in US Congress
Azerbaijani Serviceman Killed
RA Prime Minister to Attend the World Economic Forum in Davos
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
US State Department Calls on Turkey Not to Take Any Action in Afrin
The Air Temperature Will Not Change Considerably
Armenian Community of France to Reintroduce Criminalization of Armenian Genocide denial into Agenda of 2018
A Universal Blood Test for Cancer Already Designed
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Called for Pursuing Trust-Building Measures
Aram Ateshyan: It's an Honor for me to Be Erdogan's Brother
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Turkish Politician Says Turkey May Face Terrible Scenarios: Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia Will Unite Against It
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
The Head of the General Staff of Armenia: The Commander Who Hurried to Help His Soldier Was Also Wounded
Our Ultimate Goal is to Have a United Armenia: Head of the "Democracy" Faction of Artsakh National Assembly
Foreign Minister Nalbandian Discussed Visa Liberalization Between Armenia and the EU with Minister of the Interior of France
Armenian Folk Dance Performed in Istanbul (video)
Wind: 6.44 km/h