Turkey's Erdogan and Pope Francis Discuss Status Over Jerusalem
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan held a phone conversation with Pope Francis over developments regarding Jerusalem, highlighting the importance of preserving the city's status, Daily Sabah reports.
According to presidential sources, both sides highlighted that the protection of Jerusalem's status is critical to ensure stability in the region.
Both Erdoğan and the Pope also welcomed the United Nations General Assembly Resolution on Jerusalem, overwhelmingly passed by 128 to nine votes, asking the U.S. to withdraw its decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
The president and pope also agreed to hold a meeting in the near future to discuss the issue of Jerusalem, bilateral relations and international developments, presidential sources added.
- Hamas and Israel Agree to Return to a Ceasefire in Gaza Hamas said on Wednesday that armed groups in the Gaza Strip had agreed to a deal with Israel following a night of air strikes targeting several Hamas and Islamic Jihad positions in the coastal enclave.
- Israel May Restrict Access to Jerusalem for Muslims from the Gaza Strip According to the source, this ban will effectively prevent Muslims living in the Gaza Strip from visiting the Al-Aqsa Mosque – the third holiest site in Islam located in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Israel Bombs Gaza Port, Hamas Tunnel The strikes were carried out in response to an incident earlier in the day in which Gazans sneaked across the border and destroyed an Israeli sniper’s nest.
- UN Asks 24.6 Million US Dollars for Palestinians in Gaza The source reports that the request for the allocation of funds was received from the humanitarian coordinator in the occupied Palestinian territories Jamie Macgoldrick.
- Israeli Attacked Hamas Military Compounds Four different targets were attacked, including buildings, infrastructure, and a weapons production facility.
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Pashinyan: The Sale of Weapons to Azerbaijan by the Belarusian Authorities Is Unacceptable
Trump Holds Putin Responsible for US Elections Interference
UK Law Enforcers Foil Plans to Kill Theresa May
5 More Countries Join EU Sanctions on Russia
Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
Wind: 22.53 km/h