The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean?
Andrian Candu, the head of the Moldovan parliament, signed the appointment of new ministers and vice-prime ministers and took their oaths of office in place of the country's president Igor Dodon. According to media reports, it is about five new ministers and two vice-prime ministers, including - on European integration. Andrian Kandu also signed a law against Russian propaganda instead of President Dodon.
It should be noted that the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova authorized the Speaker of the Parliament to appoint new members of the government instead of President Igor Dodon, because of his repeated refusal to approve new candidates.His power for this period passed to Andrian Kandu. It should be reminded that this is the third time Dodon's powers are being suspended.
Experts believe that there are no grounds for speaking about political crisis in Moldova, as everything is in working order. They stress that in the current situation the parliamentary majority used trick that can be considered as within the law, as they were approved by the Constitutional Court. "The struggle of the pro-Russian President Dodon and the Moldovan government, which is striving for maximum European integration, has been going on for a long time, and the situation when, instead of Moldovan President Igor Dodon, certain decisions will be approved by the speaker of the parliament or the prime minister of the country, can last until the election of deputies in 2018 or 2019," experts believe.
It should be noted that for the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense. For the second time, the Constitutional Court of Moldova suspended Igor Dodon's powers on January 2 when he repeatedly rejected the candidacy of five ministers and two vice-premiers proposed by the prime minister.
- Moldova-Armenia Cooperation Builds New Bridges between the EAEU and EU Thus, the cooperation with Moldova can have its contribution to strengthening the position and role of Armenia in the EAEU. In parallel, it will build bridges between the European and Eurasian unions.
- From the EaP Countries, Only Azerbaijan and Belarus Were Completely Deprived of the USAID Financial Support Instead, Trump will bring bilateral relations with other countries to the sphere of mutual agreements by the principle "what for what."
- Is Moldova Turning to the Eurasian Economic Union? It should be noted that the intention of deepening cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union was first announced by the President of Moldova in January, after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir...
- Moldova is also Retreating from Extreme Pro-Western Direction? Regardless of the fact that the new president considers himself a pro-Russian politician, and was in favor of the normalization of Russian-Moldovan relations, it is unlikely that Moldova refuses the European...
- Moldova Holds First Presidential Election in 20 Years Moldova was thrown into political turmoil in 2014 with the disappearance of about $1bn (£820m) from the banking system.
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Trump must be Removed for "Treasonous Conduct" with Putin, Former White House Ethics Chief Says
Armenia PM, First President Meet
Nikol Pashinyan, Petros Terzian Discuss Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Further Activities
Putin, Trump Not to Exchange Gifts?
EU is Ready to Help Armenia: EU Envoy
Lavrov, Pompeo Holding Their First Meeting in Helsinki
Princes Charles, William Unwilling to Meet with Trump during UK Visit
Paris Turns to Violence after France’s World Cup Victory Over Croatia
Israeli Rockets Strike Military Position Near Aleppo
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Wind: 17.70 km/h