The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean?
Andrian Candu, the head of the Moldovan parliament, signed the appointment of new ministers and vice-prime ministers and took their oaths of office in place of the country's president Igor Dodon. According to media reports, it is about five new ministers and two vice-prime ministers, including - on European integration. Andrian Kandu also signed a law against Russian propaganda instead of President Dodon.
It should be noted that the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova authorized the Speaker of the Parliament to appoint new members of the government instead of President Igor Dodon, because of his repeated refusal to approve new candidates.His power for this period passed to Andrian Kandu. It should be reminded that this is the third time Dodon's powers are being suspended.
Experts believe that there are no grounds for speaking about political crisis in Moldova, as everything is in working order. They stress that in the current situation the parliamentary majority used trick that can be considered as within the law, as they were approved by the Constitutional Court. "The struggle of the pro-Russian President Dodon and the Moldovan government, which is striving for maximum European integration, has been going on for a long time, and the situation when, instead of Moldovan President Igor Dodon, certain decisions will be approved by the speaker of the parliament or the prime minister of the country, can last until the election of deputies in 2018 or 2019," experts believe.
It should be noted that for the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense. For the second time, the Constitutional Court of Moldova suspended Igor Dodon's powers on January 2 when he repeatedly rejected the candidacy of five ministers and two vice-premiers proposed by the prime minister.
- Moldova-Armenia Cooperation Builds New Bridges between the EAEU and EU Thus, the cooperation with Moldova can have its contribution to strengthening the position and role of Armenia in the EAEU. In parallel, it will build bridges between the European and Eurasian unions.
- From the EaP Countries, Only Azerbaijan and Belarus Were Completely Deprived of the USAID Financial Support Instead, Trump will bring bilateral relations with other countries to the sphere of mutual agreements by the principle "what for what."
- Is Moldova Turning to the Eurasian Economic Union? It should be noted that the intention of deepening cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union was first announced by the President of Moldova in January, after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir...
- Moldova is also Retreating from Extreme Pro-Western Direction? Regardless of the fact that the new president considers himself a pro-Russian politician, and was in favor of the normalization of Russian-Moldovan relations, it is unlikely that Moldova refuses the European...
- Moldova Holds First Presidential Election in 20 Years Moldova was thrown into political turmoil in 2014 with the disappearance of about $1bn (£820m) from the banking system.
PM hosts Catholicos of All Armenians and Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia
Belgian Deputies: Interpol Shouldn't Be Used for Political Persecution, Visiting Artsakh is Not a Crime
North and South Koreas Open Hotline Between Leaders
Lavrov: Putin is Ready to Meet Trump
His Holiness Aram I Already in Yerevan
Turkish Parliament’s Constitutional Committee Approved the Election Bill
His Holiness Aram I to Arrive in Yerevan
Lavrov: No Moral Obligation not to Supply S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles to Syria
Assad Returns Legion of Honour Award to ''US Slave'' France After Strikes on Syria
Protests in France against Macron
OSCE/ODIHR Director Commented on Protests in Armenia
Government of Armenia Changes Time of Sessions
Theresa May Discusses Situation in Syria with Xi Jinping
Trump Orders Strikes Under his Constitutional Authorities
Sharmazanov Expressed Gratitude to the Head of Latvia-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group for the Ratification of the RA-EU Agreement
Brent Oil Price Exceeds $74 per Barrel
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Atom Egoyan: The Future of Armenia Is Not in the Hands of the Diaspora, but in the Hands of the RA Citizens
Garegin II: Inciting Hatred and Hostility Are Unacceptable
Miguel Díaz-Canel Sworn in as Cuba's New President
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 22.53 km/h