Armenian Community of France to Reintroduce Criminalization of Armenian Genocide denial into Agenda of 2018
The Armenian community of France is planning to reintroduce the issue of criminalizing the denial of the Armenian Genocide into the agenda in 2018, Harut Martirosyan, Chairman of the Armenian National Committee of France told Armenpress.
''We are actively working with lawyers. We will definitely find a solution to bring the issue to the agenda once again. This isn’t only the issue of the Armenian National Committee, Armenian organizations of France also putting efforts for this work'', he said.
During the year the committee will continue works relating to the Armenian issues. Martirosyan mentioned that significant work needs to be done this year in the parliamentary sphere.
''Significant part of the lawmakers have changed after the election and not everyone are well aware on the Armenian issues. Therefore we must actively work with MPs'', he said.
This year, the visit of French politicians and public figures is planned to be carried out to Armenia and Artsakh. Martirosyan said that the 100th anniversary of the First Republic of Armenia is a good occasion.
Events on the anniversary will also be held in France, he said.
''Few know that during the independence years of the First Armenian Republic, the embassy of our country operated in France'', he said.
Books and films relating to the protection of Artsakh’s rights, denial of the Armenian Genocide will be presented to the French public.
- Judging Me Will not Force Me Abandon Fight for Justice for Genocide: Garo Paylan Paylan told that he has always called "genocide" the tragedy which his family and nation survived.
- Aleppo: Events Dedicated to the 103rd Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide Similar other commemoration events took place in the city.
- Rome: Event Dedicated to 103rd Anniversary of Armenian Genocide 103 years have passed since the attempt to exterminate Armenians, but we continued to live and create, preserve our faith, language and homeland, culture and churches.
- U.S. Senator Considers Recognition of Armenian Genocide Their Moral Obligation I will not stop fighting in the U.S. Senate until we completely and totally fulfill this duty.
- Prague: March on the 103rd Anniversary of Genocide The main emphasis will be the demand, the recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Turkey, as well as the gratitude to the lower house of the Czech Parliament - the Chamber of Deputies, which has already...
Knesset Lawmakers Voted to Debate the Recognition of the Armenian Genocide in the Parliament Chamber
EU Will Allocate Additional €1.5 Billion to Turkey
Former Macedonian Prime Minister Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison
French FM: US Decision Endangers the Region as a Whole
Artsakh President Had a Working Consultation
Zakharova: Russia Will Continue to Play an Active Role in the Karabakh Conflict
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Russia Had a Telephone Conversation
Israel May Restrict Access to Jerusalem for Muslims from the Gaza Strip
Jazz Concert Held in Yerevan
Co-Rapporteurs to Carry Out a Monitoring Visit to Armenia
15,000 People Took to the Streets in Paris
Israel Bombs Gaza Port, Hamas Tunnel
Soldier Found Dead in Military Position
Nikol Pashinyan, Demetris Syllouris Discuss Furtherance of Armenia-Cyprus Relations
Thomas de Waal Assesses Artsakh's Participation in Talks Pertinent
U.S. Secretary of State Shares Enthusiasm about Armenia's Peaceful, Constitutional Political Transition
Trump Does not Rule out Possibility of Cancelling Meeting with North Korea's Leader
EU Says up to US to Avoid Damaging Trade Row Escalation
US Imposes Sanctions Against Five Iranians
Armenians Worldwide Are Invited to Participate in ''Come and Dance the Armenian Kochari'' Pan-Armenian Flashmob
When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents
Turkish Prime Minister to Nikol Pashinyan
The Works of Armenian Classics Are Translated into Hindi: Hindi Literary Scholar (EXCLUSIVE)
Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video)
Netanyahu’s Son: Turkey Is Guilty of Committing the Armenian Genocide
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
Russian Lawmakers Are Willing to Meet with the Representatives of All Parliamentary Factions in Armenia
Karen Karapetyan: Taking Part in "Negotiations", Which Is Unlikely to Bring Any Solutions Have No Prospect
One of the New Prime Minister's Priorities Is to Effectively Assume Karabakh Conflict Negotiation Bloc
Nikol Pashinyan: Participation in the Snap Parliamentary Elections Will Depend on the Created Situation
Wind: 17.70 km/h