Armenian Genocide: Egyptian Lawmakers Call on Parliament to Follow Netherlands' Example
Yahya Kadwani, deputy chairman of the defense and national security committee of the Egyptian parliament and Tarek El-Khouly, secretary of the committee on foreign affairs, once again touched upon the issue of recognizing the 1915 Armenian massacres as genocide, Armenpress reports. In particular the Egyptian lawmakers highlighted the example of the Parliament of the Netherlands and urged their parliament to adopt a similar decision.
According to Yahya Kadwani, it's necessary to take a similar step to counter Turkey's ongoing encroachments. The MP stated that the Armenian massacres are a historical fact, and all should have a clear position on this matter.
Tarek El-Khouly told reporters that Egypt witnessed the history by providing shelter to Armenians.
"The grandsons of massacre survivors live with us, therefore, it's necessary to discover the plans on reviving the Ottoman state and break the expansionist dreams pursued by Turkey," the lawmaker said.
- Why Has the Topic of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide been Again Actualized in Israel? Israel raises the issue of recognition of the Armenian Genocide at an informal level yet, trying to prevent Ankara from overstepping the red lines in the protection of Palestinian rights.
- Vatican Displayed a Fresh Stamp Picturing Pope Francis and the Genocide Memorial Behind Authored by artist Daniela Longo, the stamp shows the Pope in a moment of prayer in front of the Armenian Genocide Monument in Tsitsernakaberd, Yerevan.
- Armenia Announces Lemkin Scholarship for Foreign Students Raphael Lemkin scholarship is intended to enable foreign students and young scientists, who specialize in genocide studies, especially in the Armenian Genocide, to visit Armenia for a month to conduct...
- Israeli Historian to Present his Armenian Genocide Book in France This work complements his previous book, entitled The Banality of Indifference and Denial, and analyzes the attitude over the last 100 years by Zionism
- A Movie About the Armenian Genocide will be Shown in Iranian Cinemas «Map of Salvation» is a feature-length docudrama film made to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
RA MoD: The Life of the Wounded Soldier Is not In Danger
NKR Defense Army Shot Down an Azerbaijani Drone (Pics)
White House Explains Why Trump Didn’t Congratulate Putin on Election
EU to Keep Pressure on North Korea over its Nuclear Program
The New Structure of Eastern Partnership: What are The Main Priorities Today
50 Million Facebook Users Data Harvested for Trump Election Campaign
Dollar Continues to Decline in Armenia
OSCE: Russia's Presidential Election was Marred by Lack of Genuine Competition
NATO Will Move to New Headquarters
The Silence of the International Community on Aliyev's Statements May Lead to Irreversible Consequences
Second Artsakh Airfest Will Be Held on June 16
Diogo Pinto Resigns as Director of European Friends of Armenia
Delegation of Senate of Poland Pays Tribute in Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex
The Absence of a Proper International response to the Territorial Claims of Aliyev Inspired Him to Demand More
Serzh Sargsyan Had a Telephone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Artsakh President Congratulated President of Russia
Turkey Banned Screening of Armenian-Iranian movie ''Yeva'' Due to Azerbaijan
Ashotyan: RA Parliament Will Ratify the RA-EU Agreement in April
The UK and the EU Agreed on a "Large Part" of the Brexit Deal
New Caledonia to Hold Vote on Independence from France in November
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Wind: 11.27 km/h