NKR President Bako Sahakyan Made a Speech at the US Congress
On March 14 Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan visited the U.S. Congress.
The President met with a group of members of the foreign affairs committee, discussed issues related to the Artsakh-US relations, the Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict settlement and regional developments.
Subsequently, a reception devoted to the 30th anniversary of the Artsakh Movement was held in the Congress.
In his speech the President highlighted the meetings organized in the supreme legislative body of the United States, noting that they too enhanced the degree of responsibility in the course of carrying out hard and painstaking work, further deepening and developing bilateral relations.
"I am optimistic - it will be definitely so, for we consider the United States a friendly country, a state which has become second homeland for millions of Armenians. I am optimistic because we have here devoted, sincere and honest friends, who have been standing by Artsakh for many years, supporting our people, providing objective information about our country worldwide. We rate high our friendly ties, considering them precious assets", stressed the Artsakh Republic President in his speech.
Bako Sahakyan noted that the support rendered by the American people to Artsakh was greatly acknowledged in the Republic of Artsakh, with the House of Representatives, the Senate, our congressman and senator friends having a special place and role in this process.
The President accentuated Washington's considerable contribution in maintaining peace and stability in our region, in peaceful and just solution of the Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict.
"Cementing and deepening ties with the United States of America have always been and will remain among the fundamental directions of our foreign policy", underlined President Sahakyan.
The President handed in Artsakh Republic high state awards to a group of U.S. congressmen and senators for supporting Artsakh and their tangible contribution to the development of Artsakh-the USA relations.
- Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions A State Department official said the application was without merit and the United States would fight it in the court.
- Prime Minister Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message on U.S. Independence Day I should note with satisfaction the special role played by the vibrant U.S.-based "Armenian community, which is building bridges of friendship between our countries with its active structures and unconditional...
- The Trump administration reportedly drafted a bill to abandon key World Trade Organization rules Trump has been angling for some time to withdraw the US from the WTO completely, though he would be unable to do so without Congress' approval.
- "US laws are the dumbest in the world". Donald Trump "Republicans want Strong Borders and no Crime. Dems want Open Borders and are weak on Crime!", - said president Trump.
- Bill Shine, Former Fox News Co-President, to Take on Senior Communications Role at White House Sources tell Fox News that Shine has discussed a White House position with Trump on two other occasions, but both times the potential appointment fell through.
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Trump must be Removed for "Treasonous Conduct" with Putin, Former White House Ethics Chief Says
Armenia PM, First President Meet
Nikol Pashinyan, Petros Terzian Discuss Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Further Activities
Putin, Trump Not to Exchange Gifts?
EU is Ready to Help Armenia: EU Envoy
Lavrov, Pompeo Holding Their First Meeting in Helsinki
Princes Charles, William Unwilling to Meet with Trump during UK Visit
Paris Turns to Violence after France’s World Cup Victory Over Croatia
Israeli Rockets Strike Military Position Near Aleppo
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Wind: 28.97 km/h