March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness
The UN member states celebrate March 20 as the International Day of Happiness. The UN General Assembly declared March 20 as a Happiness Day in 2012, Armenpress reports.
The UN calls on member states to celebrate this day through respective educational-information programs since search for happiness is the person’s main goal.
Representatives of the UN 193 member states unanimously voted in favor of the decision to declare March 20 as International Day of Happiness.
Governments of many countries, while determining their peoples’ welfare, started to consider factors, such as happiness as only economic figures do not provide an objective picture.
It’s worth mentioning that one of the streets of Alapars village in Armenia’s Kotayk province is called Happiness Street.
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- UN Chief Warns Another Cold War between Russia and US Guterres called for Washington and Moscow to re-establish lines of communication aimed at preventing any escalation of tensions.
- At the Session of the UN Human Rights Council Armenia Presented a Resolution on Genocide Prevention The Sumgait massacre was widely condemned by the international community, including by the resolution of the European Parliament. Regrettably, the masterminds and perpetrators of this crime were not duly...
- Armenia Included in the UN Honour Roll 2018 The Honour Roll includes those member states that have paid their regular budget assessments in full within the 30 day due period specified in Financial Regulation.
- Erdogan: US Can't Buy Turkish Support on Jerusalem ''I hope and expect the United States won’t get the result it expects from there (the United nations) and the world will give a very good lesson to the United States,'' Erdogan said in a speech in Ankara.
Karen Karapetyan Called on All Political Forces Not to Politicize April 24
First Deputy PM Karen Karapetyan Replaces the Prime Minister
Serzh Sargsyan Resigned
High Officials of Armenia and Artsakh Met
Nikol Pashinyan Is Released
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Meets Foreign Minister of Abkhazia
NKR Defense Army: Another Video on the Accumulation of the Opponent's Live Force and Equipment on Karabakh-Azerbaijan Border
First Armenian Blockchain Forum Held in Yerevan
Prague: March on the 103rd Anniversary of Genocide
''Trial Period for Establishment of Democracy'' – Defense Minister on Armenia Demonstrations
Historic Snap Elections in Turkey: Why Did Erdogan Decide to Hold Them?
UN Chief Says World Notes That ''Cold War is back''
Investigation Group Confirmed Systemic Corruption in PACE by Azerbaijan
Ara Babloyan: I Am Hopeful that My Request Will Be of Any Value to My Colleague
Opposition MP: I Was Assured that Nikol Pashinyan Is Ok
The EU Calls for Inclusive Dialogue in Armenia
Ara Babloyan: Leaders of the Protests Should Understand that They Take on Them All Further Developments
Armen Sarkissian: the Ongoing Developments in Our Country Have Reached a Dangerous Line
NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO)
Azerbaijan Views Inner-Armenian Developments as Factor to Unleash New Military Adventurism: NKR Defense Ministry’s Board
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 11.27 km/h