Armenia Can Become a Good Platform for International Free Economic Zones
The agreement on the establishment of a free economic zone between Iran and the EAEU is planned to be concluded by the end of May. This became known the other day, when the relevant statement was made by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Investments of Armenia, Hovhannes Azizyan.
It should be recalled that the agreement is to create a temporary three-year economic zone. In this regard, we should also note several important circumstances in the interests of the national economy of Armenia:
Taking into account the existence of only a land border with Armenia, it is clear that the positive impact of the Iran-EAEA agreement will primarily affect Armenia. This is an occasion, on the one hand, to create new jobs, increase economic activity, and on the other hand, to attract other international economic centers to Armenia. The latter is especially emphasized against the backdrop of the presence of a new level of trade and economic ties with the EU.
For Armenia, the creation of this economic zone can be twice useful, since, according to the Deputy Minister, the issue of trade of 400-500 kinds of goods on privileged preferential terms is on the negotiating table, among which there are such goods, which Armenia is very interested in exporting. In particular, we are talking about such products as mineral water, soft drinks, textile products, jewelry, etc.
And last but not least, the third important factor is the growing possibility of deepening economic relations with Iran, both in terms of weakening the protectionism applied to imports from Iran, and in terms of implementing many Armenian-Iranian programs.
- Rouhani: Tehran Will not Wait for Any Permission to Produce the Weapons In a speech marking Iran's Army Day on Wednesday, Rouhani said a strong military is an effective deterrence against foreign threats.
- Trump, Netanyahu Discuss Ways to Counter Iran’s Influence in the Middle East The phone conversation was held on the eve of the UN Security Council’s session which will focus on the topic of situation in the Middle East.
- Saudi Prince Calls For Stepped Up Pressure on Iran “We have to succeed so as to avoid military conflict,” said Prince Mohammed, who is Saudi Arabia’s day-to-day ruler. “If we don’t succeed in what we are trying to do, we will likely have war...
- Iran's President: Karabakh Conflict Must be Settled Through Political Means Hassan Rouhani stated that the settlement of the conflict must be based on the international principles.
- Iran Arrests Ahmadinejad’s Close Ally and Ex-Vice President His detention comes after video uploaded on social media showed Mashaie demonstrating on Thursday outside the British embassy to protest against the incarceration of another of Ahmadinejad's former vice...
- Armenia's Ambassador to Iran: Yerevan-Tehran Relations are on the Rise The Ambassador said these ties are stable and cannot be affected by the will of a third country.
- Iran Is Ready to Create New Opportunities of Cooperation with Armenia (Official) The representatives of the IRI Majlis have assured that the Iranian legislation is liberal which gives wide opportunity to deepen the effective cooperation in the debated spheres. It has been reaffirmed...
- Iran, Russia, Armenia and Georgia to Synchronize Their Power Grids Araqi added that Iran's electricity exchange with Armenia would increase fourfold to around 1,200 megawatts, once the construction of the third power transmission line is complete.
- Foreign Minister of Iran to Visit Armenia According to Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi, Zarif will visit Yerevan at the official invitation of his Armenian counterpart Eduard Nalbandyan.
- Iran, Armenia to Establish Joint Cooperation Office Iran's successful track-record in the creation and development of free-trade zones may promote future cooperation with Armenia in the creation of a free-border zone between the two countries.
Government of Armenia Changes Time of Sessions
Theresa May Discusses Situation in Syria with Xi Jinping
Trump Orders Strikes Under his Constitutional Authorities
Sharmazanov Expressed Gratitude to the Head of Latvia-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group for the Ratification of the RA-EU Agreement
Brent Oil Price Exceeds $74 per Barrel
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Atom Egoyan: The Future of Armenia Is Not in the Hands of the Diaspora, but in the Hands of the RA Citizens
Garegin II: Inciting Hatred and Hostility Are Unacceptable
Miguel Díaz-Canel Sworn in as Cuba's New President
European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan
Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh
Two More Lawmakers from HDP Lost Their Seats in the Turkish Parliament
Artsakh Defense Army Strengthened with New Types of Equipment. Bako Sahakyan
Mkhitaryan Began Training Again After a Knee Injury
Hovhannes Nikoghosyan Was Appointed Spokesperson of Prime Minister
Saudi Arabia Will Have Its First Cinema
Turkey Extends State of Emergency
Latvia Ratified the Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement
Artsakh President: Attractive Conditions for Investment Should Be Created
Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 6.44 km/h