The Office of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia Closely Follows the Rally Processes
The Office of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia issued a statement over the ongoing events in Yerevan
The statement says:
"1. From the very beginning of the rallies launched in Yerevan the Human Rights Defender’s Office of Armenia carefully follows the process.
A working schedule has been set up, working groups have been formed which observe the rallies on daily basis and pay visits to study the facts on isolating the rally participants by the Police, as well monitor the media reports.
2. We consider it necessary to state that the rally organizers and participants should act by the principle of not allowing disproportionate restrictions of the rights of others.
3. Today during the whole day the Ombudsman’s Office will collect and analyze facts of use of specific measures by the Police during the rally, the reports on them, as well as the cases recorded by the Ombudsman’s staff on the place of action.
A separate discussion process has been launched based on this information. All materials of the Ombudsman’s staff will be sent to the Prosecutor’s Office with the demand to carry out check operations. In this sense there is an urgent necessity to launch a respective legal procedure.
4. The reports on the rally participants and the Police officers suffering injuries are especially concerning. They must be investigated by strict maintenance of respective international rules.
The incident between the protesters and citizens complaining on their actions is also concerning, and in this context we expect clarifications from the Police.
5. We attach specific importance to the constant calls of MP Nikol Pashinyan and other figures delivering remarks during the rally to refrain from violence and maintain the peaceful nature of the rally.
6. At present the normal operation of media outlets is also important. Therefore, the Ombudsman’s staff keeps in its spotlight the work on not obstructing the journalists professional activity. For this purpose a separate observation is being carried.
7.The law enforcement agencies in their turn must provide constant information to the public on their actions in regard to the rallies, cases of injuries caused to the rally participants and the measures launched for checking them.
The information received from official sources is an important guarantee to avoid the spread of inaccurate information and possible panic situations resulting from them. This is also important in terms of the trust towards these bodies".
Government of Armenia Changes Time of Sessions
Theresa May Discusses Situation in Syria with Xi Jinping
Trump Orders Strikes Under his Constitutional Authorities
Sharmazanov Expressed Gratitude to the Head of Latvia-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group for the Ratification of the RA-EU Agreement
Brent Oil Price Exceeds $74 per Barrel
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Atom Egoyan: The Future of Armenia Is Not in the Hands of the Diaspora, but in the Hands of the RA Citizens
Garegin II: Inciting Hatred and Hostility Are Unacceptable
Miguel Díaz-Canel Sworn in as Cuba's New President
European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan
Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh
Two More Lawmakers from HDP Lost Their Seats in the Turkish Parliament
Artsakh Defense Army Strengthened with New Types of Equipment. Bako Sahakyan
Mkhitaryan Began Training Again After a Knee Injury
Hovhannes Nikoghosyan Was Appointed Spokesperson of Prime Minister
Saudi Arabia Will Have Its First Cinema
Turkey Extends State of Emergency
Latvia Ratified the Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement
Artsakh President: Attractive Conditions for Investment Should Be Created
Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 6.44 km/h