European Movement International Recognized Armenian Genocide
During its Federal Assembly that was taking place in Riga on April 24-25 the European Movement International (EMI), a pan-European organization that promotes European integration, has unanimously adopted a resolution on the Armenian Genocide.
With the resolution, the European Movement is "joining its voice to over twenty states, international organizations and institutions including the European Parliament (in 1987 and in 2015), the Council of Europe (in 2001), and EURONEST PA (in 2015) that have already recognized the Armenian Genocide.
On the occasion Director European Friends of Armenia (EuFoA) (the organization which is one of the co-authors of the resolution) Mr Eduardo Lorenzo Ochoa, noted:
"The European Movement is an important European organization with a magnificent history of almost 70 years of existence. We are very grateful that this organization that has always been in the avant-garde of the European values and the EU construction has added its voice to so many others commemorating the victims of the Armenian Genocide during this special year."
The resolution "condemns all forms of crimes against humanity and genocide and deeply deplores attempts of their denial" and "hopes that recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Turkey will intertwine the historical reconciliation between the Armenian and Turkish peoples."
The European Movement International is a pan-European organization that was founded in 1948. Secretariat of the organization is currently based in Brussels. It is composed of 33 national chapters in most European countries, as well as 22 international associations.
- Australian Parliament to Debate Armenian Genocide for First Time The Motion has been supported by Members of the Coalition government as well as the Australian Labor Party, led by the Co-Chairs of the Australia-Armenia Inter-Parliamentary Union Friendship Group Co-Chairs,...
- Turkish Prosecutors Seek to Lift Garo Paylan's Parliamentary Immunity Prosecutors in Ankara have invoked Article 301, which criminalizes insulting the Turkish nation, and Article 299, which penalizes insulting the Turkish president, against Garo Paylan of the Peoples' Democratic...
- Spanish Alcorcón City Recognizes Armenian Genocide The City Council also expresses solidarity with the Armenian people and calls on the central authorities of Spain to recognize and condemn the Armenian Genocide as early as possible.
- France President on Armenian Genocide: We will Never Forget We will never forget those killed men, the women and children who found their end on the roads of exile—from starvation, cold, and exhaustion.
- US Congressmen Urge Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide "It’s time to end America’s ‘Turkey First’ approach to the Armenian Genocide," said Aram Hamparian, Executive Director of the ANCA.
Nikol Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary-General António Guterres
In theFramework of the Summit of Minds President Met with the Leaders of Over Two Dozen Companies
Poland to be Referred to EU's Top Court
Russia to Send S-300s to Syria within 2 Weeks
Armenian PM Instructs to Set Up Working Group to Study Gas Prices
Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon
Shinzo Abe and Trump Hold Constructive Talks on Trade and North Korea
Rouhani: Americans Want Iran to Have no Security
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
UN Gen-Sec Admired at Peaceful Power Change in Armenia
Powerful People, Powerful Citizens – PM Pashinyan about Election Results
Yerevan Election Vote Tallying Concluded, Hayk Marutyan to Assume Office as Mayor on October 10
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Voter Turnout in the Yerevan City Council Elections is 34.72% - CEC
Armenian Genocide Memorial Blessed in Boise
"Historic Selfie" of Nikol Pashinyan and Catholicos Garegin II
Armenian FM to attend UN General Assembly session in New York
President Armen Sarkissian Took Part in the Annual Summit of Minds in Chamonix
Ara Babloyan: It is Too Eearly to Speak about the Early Dissolution of Parliament
PM Nikol Pashinyan Departed to New York
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Dan Bilzerian Heads to Artsakh
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Be on Hand at Comedy Club Festival in Yerevan
Wind: 11.27 km/h