There is Some Tension Between Iran and P5+1
Iran and the world six powers again missed the deadline for a final deal. This time, however, they declared that they are not in a rush, with the US State Secretary John Kerry claiming that "It is not a test of a matter of days or weeks or months, it's a test for decades, that's our goal here," BBC reports. It seems that something has changed in the nuclear talks, as the sides were always declaring that the deal should be signed as soon as possible, but suddenly they say that they are not in a rush. Moreover, they do not set any new deadline.
There may be various reasons, but the most possible ones are the following two:
First, the main controversial issues – lifting the sanctions and inspection in the Iranian military sites- still remain unsolved and the sides cannot come to consensus. Though it was declared that concerning the sanctions there is some progress and the sides have come to some agreement, the details are not known yet. The sides constantly declare that there are red lines, beyond which they will not go and it seems they have come to those red lines and the negotiations have entered a deadlock.
Second, yesterday an incident took place in Vienna between the Foreign Minister of Iran and the US State Secretary, which showed that there is some tension between the sides. During the negotiations in Vienna, word of the clash spread between Zarif and Kerry. The reason was the talk about the regional threats and Iran’s role in it. As IRNA reports, this made Zarif angry: "If we are talking about regional security, I should take every one of you to International courts for supporting Saddam."
This is not the only incident. During one of the meetings in an answer to the EU Foreign Policy Chief Federica Mogherini’s statement that if Zarif does not want to reach a deal they can end the talks and go home, the Iranian Foreign Minister warned: "Never try to threaten Iranians."
All this makes to think that there are really difficulties and misunderstandings among the parties and to expect that the deal will come soon, is not that much realistic.
- Iran's Nuclear Enrichment at Higher Level than before 2015 Deal: Rouhani Iran has gradually scaled back its commitments under the nuclear deal in retaliation to Washington’s withdrawal from the pact in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the country’s...
- EU’s Dispute Mechanism "A Strategic Mistake": FM Zarif After the mechanism is implemented, Iran would be given 15 days to resolve the dispute with the three European signatories to the nuclear deal.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism On Iranian Deal To Be Launched The UK, Germany and France will notify the EU on Tuesday that they are launching a dispute resolution mechanism as part of the implementation of the Iranian deal (JCPOA), Reuters reported referring to...
- Johnson: Let's Do a 'Trump Deal' to Replace the Iran Nuclear Deal British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday called on U.S. President Donald Trump to replace the Iranian nuclear deal with his own new agreement.
- Pence: Trump Will Ask European Allies to Withdraw from the Disastrous Iran Nuclear Deal The agreement has been unraveling since Trump pulled the United States from it.
Armenian Apostolic Church Celebrates Eve of Great Lent or Great Barekendan
Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death
"Interaction between Armenia and Artsakh is the key to our people’s security": Nikol Pashinyan
Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament
Azerbaijan Violates Truce 190 Times Past Week
Coronavirus: China Reports Drop in Recorded Cases as toll Reaches 2,345
Armenia's Ombudsman Visits Artsakh Military Units
Joint Meeting of the Security Councils of Artsakh, Armenia held in Stepanakert
Armenian Embassy in Iran Urges Armenia Nationals to Stay in Touch
Putin Expresses Concern Over Aggressive Actions in Idlib During Talks with Erdogan
First European Dies from Coronavirus in Italy
David Yurchenko to Play for Armenian National Team
Armenia’s DM Instructs Strengthening Discipline and Growth of Quality of Operative-Intelligence Works at Military Police
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 2 km/h