Ilya Urazakov: 50-55 Countries will be Participating in Univerisade-2017
Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with Ilya Urazakov, Executive Director of "Universiade 2017". The Interview was conducted in the framework of "Armenia-Kazakhstan: Cooperation Platforms" project, with the support of Embassy of Kazakhstan in Armenia.
- What experience does Almaty have in holding such sports events as Universiade-2017?
- As you remember, for about 80 years Almaty has been the capital of Kazakhstan. This is a city with the most developed infrastructure, large population, it is the financial center of the country, which brings about 32% of the national budget, here most of the young people and students are concentrated. In 2011, in Almaty and in Astana Asian Games were held. This was a very large project, which greatly modernized the infrastructure of Almaty. Due to this, we have world-class facilities, as well as new sports facilities were built.
- What are the expectations from Universiade?
- We have a special preparation program for the Universiade, much of the work is being carried out with potential champions. We hope, believe, know that irrespective of the results of any games that take place in one country or another, it always significantly increase the percentage of the young people who come into sport. This kind of big events make sport more popular. Those,who see, feel this festival here, they are then, of course, being involved in sports. This is one of the main objectives of the Universiade-2017.
- How many countries will take part in Universiade?
- According to our calculations, about 50-55 countries will be participating. Today we have 23 applications, among them, no doubt, also from Armenia. Moreover, even in the test events of the championship, which we held in December 2014, 3-4 skiers came from Armenia. Of course, participants will be from Europe, North America, the Nordic region, Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan.
- In 2017 in Kazakhstan, Astana, an international exhibition EXPO will also be held. Won’t it be a competitor to the Universiade, or vice versa, the exhibition will stimulate the flow of tourists?
- Now the government is considering the format of our initiative, which we did together with our colleagues of EXPO for organizing separate international PR campaigns titled "Kazakhstan-2017". The events are held at different times: the Universiade takes place in January and February, and the Expo is held in the summer months. Thus they do not coincide both with their themes and their times to be held. Huge emphasis is put on the exchange of experience on joint preparatory works. For example, Almaty is very strong with its volunteer groups. I'm pretty sure that most of the volunteers, who will be involved in holding our games, in summer will go to help our colleagues in Astana. Moreover, there is even a government decree, according to which certain expensive high-tech equipments that will be used at the Games in Almaty, then will be transferred to our friends in Astana.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Robert Kocharyan Congratulates on Artsakh Revival Day
PM Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Yervand Manaryan
Artsakh MFA Issues Statement on Revival Day
Weather Forecast in Armenia: The Air Temperature will Gradually Go Up
Trump Named Richard Grenell to Be the Next Acting Director of US National Intelligence
Venezuela's Maduro Announced an Emergency in the National Oil Industry
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 4 km/h