The World Economic Forum in Davos: Topics of Discussion
From January 20 to 23 of this year Davos, Switzerland will host the next World Economic Forum (WEF), which brings together leaders of the world to together develop an action plan, and to find the optimal balance of favorable economic condition in a rapidly changing world.
It is not yet clear whether the major world leaders will attend the Forum or not. At the same time, there is already information that German Chancellor Angela Merkel due to worsening political tension in the country has canceled her trip to the World Economic Forum, in which she has regularly participated in the recent years, Interfax reports citing Financial Times. The German delegation is likely to be led by President Joachim Gauck.
Besides, the Russian delegation will be headed by President Vladimir Putin's envoy in the Far East, Yuri Trutnev, although invitations were sent to Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev. As for Armenia, then the last time we participated at the Davos forum was in 2009.
Among other leaders who are said will attend Davos are the British, Turkish and Israeli Prime Ministers - David Cameron, Ahmet Davutoglu, Benjamin Nitanyahu. France will also be represented by Prime Minister Manuel Waltz. Americans will be led by Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry will also be present.
Naturally, the event will be attended by representatives of big business, for example, Mary Barra - the executive director of General Motors, or Satya Nadella - Executive Director of Microsoft, etc.
Cultural issues will also be discussed in Davos and these issues will be presented by such well-known personalities, as Leonardo DiCaprio, musicians Bono and Peter Gabriel, etc.
The issues to be discussed at the forum refer both to global concerns, and regional processes, their fragility, interdependence in the current difficult conditions in which the world economy develops.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Visited Military Unit
White House Has Published the Biden-Harris Administration Immediate Priorities
Polish Politician Offered 50,000$ to Cancel Publication of a Brochure on Azerbaijani War Crimes in Karabakh
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Iran’s FM to Visit Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Russia Next Week
Armenian FM Receives Ambassadors of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Trump Orders to Declassify Set of Documents Related to FBI’s Russia Probe
Germany Extends COVID Lockdown until February 14
114 Refugees Return to Nagorno Karabakh in a Day
Iran’s Rouhani Hails Departure of ‘Tyrant’ Trump
Trump Grants Pardons to 73 Individuals, Including Ex-Adviser Bannon
Body of MIA Soldier Found in Jabrayil
Armenia Records 165221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Competent State Body of Armenia Must Publish the Number of Armenian POWs – Ombudsman
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
We Will Continue to Fight to Make Your Dreams Come True: Garo Paylan about Hrant Dink
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Receives Delegation of Yerkrapah Volunteer Union
Trump Orders to Restrict Purchase of Unmanned Aircraft Systems from Russia and China
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 8 km/h