Elderly Buddhist Monk Hacked to Death in Bangladesh
A 75-year-old Buddhist monk has been hacked to death inside a temple in Bangladesh, police said.
The body of Mongsowe U Chak was found on Saturday at the isolated temple where he lived alone in Naikkhangchhari village in Bandarban, about 338km (211 miles) southeast of the capital Dhaka, police said.
Police said they did not know the motive of the killing and no one had been arrested.
The killing of the Buddhist monk follows similar murders of two prominent gay activists, a law student, a Hindu tailor and a university professor in April.
"His body was found with a slit throat. Police are saying he was most likely killed on Friday night," Al Jazeera's Tanvir Chauwdhury said, reporting from Dhaka.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
Serbian President Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Independence Day
Arayik Harutyunyan Partook in a Solemn Ceremony to Mark the Day of Stepanakert
Health Ministry: Armenia Expected to Get First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine in 2021
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Lebanon’s PM-Designate Resigns After Failing to Form Govt
No Threat Can Force the People of Artsakh to Deviate from the Chosen Path: President Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Consultation
Armenia Records 49072 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
U.S. Embassies in Armenia and Azerbaijan Urge its Citizens Avoid Visiting Territories Near Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Youth Sports, Fitness and Recreation Center is Being Built in Stepanakert
Turkish Prosecutor General's Office Launches Procedure to Deprive Armenian MP Garo Paylan of Immunity
People of Nagorno-Karabakh Should Be Able to Determine Their Status without Limitation: Nikol Pashinyan
Yervand Khundkaryan Not Elected CC President
The July Events Proved that Armenia Cannot be Talked to in the Language of Force and Threats: PM Receives Artsakh National Assembly Delegation
MFA: Both Armenia and Artsakh Authorities Received Mandate of their Peoples, Ready to Launch Dialogue with Authorities of Azerbaijan Enjoying Relevant Mandate of their People
Short Rain With Thunderstorm Is Predicted
Four People Wounded In A Knife Attack In Paris
Former Deputy Armen Pambukhchyan Appointed Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations
Artsakh Reports 10 New Coronavirus Cases during Past Day
N. Korea’s Kim Apologizes over Shooting Death of S. Korean
COVID-19: Armenia Reports 392 New Cases
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Wind: 5 km/h