Elderly Buddhist Monk Hacked to Death in Bangladesh
A 75-year-old Buddhist monk has been hacked to death inside a temple in Bangladesh, police said.
The body of Mongsowe U Chak was found on Saturday at the isolated temple where he lived alone in Naikkhangchhari village in Bandarban, about 338km (211 miles) southeast of the capital Dhaka, police said.
Police said they did not know the motive of the killing and no one had been arrested.
The killing of the Buddhist monk follows similar murders of two prominent gay activists, a law student, a Hindu tailor and a university professor in April.
"His body was found with a slit throat. Police are saying he was most likely killed on Friday night," Al Jazeera's Tanvir Chauwdhury said, reporting from Dhaka.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
Armenia Sees Decline in Pastry, Ice Cream Production
Powerful Earthquake in Indonesia Kills at Least 67, Injures Hundreds
Sadyr Japarov Wins 79.23% of Votes in Presidential Election in Kyrgyzstan
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
IRGC Launches Ballistic Missiles
263 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia Per Day
Azerbaijani Side Hands Over Bodies of Two Dead Armenian Servicemen
Indonesia Quake Kills at Least 42, Injures Hundreds
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Hrant Dink Commemoration Events to be Held Online this Year
Russian Peacekeepers in Karabakh Begin Coronavirus Vaccination
Armenia Records 163972 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Russian Foreign Ministry Informs US, French Ambassadors About Putin-Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
Pilgrimage to Armenian St. Thaddeus Monastery in Iran Inscribed on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 7 km/h