First Medal Won by an Armenian at the 2016 Olympic Games
Simon Martirosyan (born in 1997) became Armenia’s first medal winner at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, after winning a silver in men’s 105 kg weightlifting on August 15, the Armenian Weeky reports.
Martirosyan lifted a total of 417 kg, and was second only after Ruslan Nurudinov of Uzbekistan, who set an Olympic record with a total weight of 431 kg.
Martirosyan has previously won a gold medal at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics and a bronze medal in the 2016 European Weightlifting Championships.
- PM Attends Golden Apricot’s Opening Ceremony, Watches the Game of Legends (PHOTOS) Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and his spouse Anna Hakobyan today attended the opening ceremony of the 15th Golden Apricot International Film Festival at Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall.
- Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video) After the match the players of "Arsenal'' sang Armenian song ''Mi Gna''.
- Mkhitaryan Has Recovered and Is Available for Selection He has missed Arsenal’s past five fixtures after suffering a knee ligament injury against CSKA Moscow in the Europa League earlier this month.
- Arthur Abraham Wins Patrick Nielsen The scores were 115-113 for Nielsen, 116-112 for Abraham, 116-112 for Abraham. There mixed reactions to the outcome, with some observers believing that Nielsen had done enough to gain the win.
- Sergey Azaryan Wins Silver at European Championship in Baku The European Trampoline Championship, which takes place in Baku, will end on Sunday.
Artsakh Republic President Visited the Homeland Defender's Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan
Queen Elizabeth II Extended Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan
EU, UK Fail to Achieve Significant Progress on Brexit Talks
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 27th Anniversary of Independence
Trump: the Coming Months Bring Opportunities to Resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
Armenia Marks Independence Day 27th Anniversary
Saudi Arabia Congratulates Sarkissian on Independence Day
Poland Completes Ratification Process of EU-Armenia Deal
Don't Worry, Be Happy, Don't Worry: Jean-Claude Juncker
RF President Vladimir Putin sends RA President Congratulatory Message on Armenia’s Independence Day
PM Welcomes U.S. Physician Dr. Eric Esrailian and UCLA Chancellor Gene Block
Facebook hasn't Complied with EU Consumer Rules Yet
Vox: North and South Korea Just Signed a Major Agreement. It may be Bad News for Trump.
Mother See: Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II Is not Resigning
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
EU Leaders Try to Tackle the Migration Crisis
Artsakh’s President Sent a Congratulatory Letter to President of the South Ossetian on Independence Day
Japan's Abe Re-elected as Party Head, to Stay on as PM
Spokesperson of the MFA Armenia Comments on Situation on Border Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Robert Kocharyan: Putin's Call Is a Serious Support
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Chancellor Merkel’s Visit is Unprecedented in 26-year-old Diplomatic Relations between Germany and Armenia
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Wind: 6.44 km/h