State of Emergency in American Charlotte
The North Carolina governor has declared a state of emergency in the city of Charlotte, as unrest continues over the police killing of a black man, BBC reports.
Violence erupted for a second night after Keith Lamont Scott was shot dead by a black officer on Tuesday.
Mr Scott was the third black man killed by police in a week. Such shootings have sparked huge protests recently.
The second night of protests had begun peacefully but the demonstration was interrupted by gunfire and a man in the crowd was injured.
The Mayor of Charlotte, Jennifer Roberts, voiced her shock at the violent protests, which saw 16 police officers injured on Tuesday night.
- Biden Tops Trump Nationwide, but Battlegrounds Tilt Trump The former vice president continues to hold healthy leads among women (55% Biden to 41% Trump) and people of color (69% Biden to 26% Trump).
- U.S. Army to Resume Large-Scale Exercise in Europe, but with Coronavirus Precautions Called Allied Spirit, the drill is connected to the scaled-down version of Defender Europe-20, a series of events that was intended to be among the largest Army training efforts on the Continent since...
- Trump Says He Had Good Call with Russia's Putin, Saudi King on Oil OPEC and its allies led by Russia agreed on Thursday to cut their oil output by more than a fifth and said they expected the United States and other producers to join in their effort to lift prices that...
- US Coronavirus Death Toll Rates Second Highest in the World: Reuters U.S. officials warned Americans to expect alarming numbers of coronavirus deaths this week, even as an influential university model on Wednesday scaled back its projected U.S. pandemic death toll by 26%...
- Trump Threatens to Hold WHO Funding: Time Trump at first announced he would be cutting off U.S. funding to the organization. But when pressed on whether it was the right time, given the current crisis, he told reporters he was only looking at...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Appoints New Justice Minister
Aleksander Lukashenko Appointed The New Prime Minister Of Belarus
Hong Kong Passes China National Anthem Bill amid Protests
President of Artsakh Received the Mayor of Stepanakert
Libya's GNA Retakes Tripoli Airport from Haftar's Forces
North Korea: Kim's Sister threatens to End Military Pact over Leaflets
Artak Davtyan: No Violations In The Import Of Armaments And Military Equipment
Trump Administration to Bar Chinese Passenger Carriers from Flying to U.S.
Trump Believes He won’t Need to Invoke Insurrection Act
Armenia Records 11221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Artsakh Republic President Sent a Condolence Letter to the Family of Prominent Writer and Publicist Maxim Hovhannisyan
Belarus President Dismisses Government
The President of Artsakh Republic will Submit for the Consideration of the Parliament the Candidacy of Mher Aghajanyan to the Post of Prosecutor General
Coronavirus Must Resign: Armenia’s PM Says this Resignation Must be the Result of United Efforts
Pashinyan and Family Members Feel Well: Spokesperson
Conscript Dies in Traffic Accident in Artsakh
Deputy Defense Minister: Armenia to Produce Weapon in July
Prime Minister Briefed on Developments in Civil Aviation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Murderer of Hrant Dink Ogun Samast May Be Released in Nine Months
Wind: 9 km/h