Talks Over Cyprus Ended Without Agreement
Talks to resolve the 40-year division of Cyprus ended without agreement on Thursday night but there are plans for officials to meet again in a week, Euronews reports.
Next week’s resumption will see officials gather to discuss security – more talks on the overriding political issue will follow at an unspecified date.
Some 30,000 Turkish soldiers are stationed in the north of the island. Athens and the Greek Cypriots are calling for their removal. Ankara and the Turkish Cypriot delegation are pushing for them to stay.
Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said there were still very important matters that had been neither resolved nor closed. He accepted that the Greek side wanted more time to discuss the issues.
- Should We Expect Toughened Stance of Presidential Candidates on Cyprus Issue? The interesting point is that at this stage the two main candidates will struggle to win the support of the Nicos Anastasiades, who came third in the first round of election, to be able to win in the second...
- Edward Nalbandian: Azerbaijan's Behavior Seriously Questions Baku’s Credibility as a Negotiating Partner The Co-Chairs’ statement reiterated once again the three principles of the international law that form the basis of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution, namely the non-use of force or threat of...
- What Changes Will Erdogan's Visit to Greece Bring? The visit follows the arrest of nine Turkish citizens in Athens who are charged with a coup d'etat on the Revolutionary National Liberation Party which was responsible for the bombings carried out by suicide...
- Turkish President to Visit Greece for the First Time in 65 Years "Our president will be the first Turkish president visiting Greece in 65 years. I think this visit will yield significant results," he added.
- Who Hinders the Reunification of Cyprus? At the same time on certain issues Turkey is not ready to compromise and insists on the need of its military presence (even with small number) on the island, which makes difficulties in reaching an agreement....
Artsakh President Participated at Harvest Day Trade Fair
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting With Members of the USA Delegation
Parliamentary Elections Underway in Poland
1 Dead, 50 Injured as Typhoon Hagibis Makes Landfall on Japan's Izu Peninsula
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting in Stepanakert With Members of the Delegation From Canada
Turkey Takes Control of Syria's Ras al-Ayn
More Than Six Million People Advised to Evacuate in Japan
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talks with Vladimir Putin
Euro 2021: Armenia U21 National Team Celebrates Its Frst Victory
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Goris-Kapan Roadway will be Closed for Trucks
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting with Members of Belgian, Cypriot and Czech Delegation
Artsakh President Meets with Delegation of the Belgian Francophone Regions
The Participants of the Friends of Artsakh Forum, Which Took Place in Stepanakert Adopted a Concluding Declaration
Establishment of Iraq-Artsakh Friendship Group Proposed
We must find a way of dialogue, compromise, mutual trust and respect between our peoples: Pashinyan
Artsakh’s President Received Defense Minister of Armenia
Conscience and Justice is on Your Side: Russia’s Duma Representative to Artsakh
President Sarkissian Participated at the Photo Exhibition of the Young People Involved in the Homeland Defender Program
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 6 km/h