Trump Will Not Give Up the Special Relationship with Britain
The petition on UK government website with the request not to allow US President Donald Trump to Great Britain has already collected more than 550 thousand signatures.
For being reviewed by the Parliament the petition needs to collect 100 thousand signatures at least. Earlier, the Labor Party leader Jeremy Corby called on his Facebook followers to sign the petition. People are in particular unhappy with the president-elect's migration policy.
It should be noted that this is probably the main disagreement between the parties today. It should be recalled that recently US-British high-level talks took place in Washington which, by the way, were the first ones in the international negotiations under Donald Trump. It is reported that during talks Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May discussed the Brexit, NATO's future business cooperation between the two countries and of course the anti-Russian sanctions.
As a result of these negotiations the analysts point out Trump's promise to enter into a bilateral trade agreement with UK as soon as possible after Brexit. It should be noted that Trump is confident that the UK will benefit from the Brexit. "I think Brexitwill work wonderful for your country. Once completed, you will be able to have your identity, you can receive in your country the people you want, you can have free trade agreements without anyone's control,"said Trump to British Prime Minister Theresa May during press conference. After negotiations, Trump also announced that he supports NATO for one hundred percent, even if he repeatedly questioned the effectiveness of the organization. Concerning the anti-Russian sanctions the parties also came to terms. Particularly Trump, who earlier spoke about the need to remove them, told May it is early to speak about it.
Thus, the results of the negotiations, as well as the fact that May was the first foreign leader the newly elected American president met with, show that UK will remain a major US ally in the future, and that mutually beneficial US-British special relationship will continue at Trump presidency as well.
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Impose Sanctions Against any Election Interference The process, according to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and White House national security adviser John Bolton, would take a total of 90 days.
- "Fake, Fake, Disgusting News": Trump Slams Media for Bad Coverage of His Summits US President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attacks on media at a rally in Pennsylvania, slamming news as "fake" and "disgusting."
- Trump National Security Team says Russia Behind Effort to Meddle in U.S. Elections U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security team said on Thursday that Russia is behind “pervasive” attempts to interfere in upcoming U.S. elections, in a rejection of denials of meddling that...
- Increasing Tension in Turkish-American Relations In the first case, Ankara categorically refused to release a US cleric detained for involvement with coup organizers and Kurdish militants in Turkey in 2016.
- Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy "Getting along with President Putin, getting along with Russia, is positive, not a negative," the US President Donald Trump said.
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
EU Leaders Try to Tackle the Migration Crisis
Artsakh’s President Sent a Congratulatory Letter to President of the South Ossetian on Independence Day
Japan's Abe Re-elected as Party Head, to Stay on as PM
Spokesperson of the MFA Armenia Comments on Situation on Border Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Robert Kocharyan: Putin's Call Is a Serious Support
Ural Airlines Is Opening Direct Flights from Anapa to Yerevan
Idlib: Who Has Benefits from Putin-Erdogan Agreement?
“Fort Trump” in Poland
Dollar Continues to Fall in Armenia
Two Koreas Agree to Connect Railways and Roads
Turkey Reduces Investment Levels for Turkish Citizenship
Armenia, China Sign Air Communication Agreement
Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria
21 Killed in Iranian Road Accident
Levon Aronian's Wife to Solo Cycle through Turkey and Iran to Armenia
Pope to Armenian Monks: Continue to Illuminate the Path to Unity
Fire on the Slopes of Mount Ararat Has Started to Quickly Spread Again
North, South Korean Leaders Kick off 3-day Summit
Armenia’s Human Rights Defender's Office Praised by European Union for "Excellent" Job
Belgian King and His Family Are on Vacation in Armenia
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Armenian-Chinese Friendship School Opens in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Berlin Regrets Azerbaijan's Decision to Ban German Parliamentarian from Entering the Country Due to His Visit to Karabakh
Wind: 11.27 km/h