Wyoming Becomes the 45th US State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
Wyoming became the 45th US state to recognize the Armenian Genocide, Asbarez reports.
In a letter dated April 21, 2017 and addressed to the Armenian National Committee of America Western Region (ANCA-WR), Wyoming Governor Matthew H. Mead particularly noted.
"The atrocities of both the Armenian and Jewish Holocausts were unimaginable, but it is important for all to remember – history must not repeat itself."
"The work of the Armenian National Committee is inspiring. My thoughts are with you as you gather for the Colorado State Capitol Armenian Genocide Commemoration."
The full letter is here.
ANCA-WR Chair Nora Hovsepian in response noted:
"We thank the Governor of the Great State of Wyoming for standing on the right side of history and adding his voice to the ongoing need to recognize and commemorate the Armenian Genocide. This recognition is a tribute to the memory of our ancestors and a celebration of the brave work of many Wyomingites, who supported the national Near East Relief effort of building and operating 400 orphanages for over 132,000 Armenian children who survived the genocide. Last but not least, this recognition is a testament to the tireless work of our grassroots activists and dedicated staff."
- Biden Sued by 12 States over Climate Executive Order It alleges that Biden’s Executive Order 13990, titled “Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis,” does not have the authority to issue binding...
- Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration The inauguration will take place on January 20 and will be attended by the foreign ambassadors accredited in the US.
- Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official He will work under the executive Office of Presidential Personnel, which regulates and vets all potential staff members working under the President’s administration.
- More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI The Justice Department also announced on Thursday evening that the FBI had received more than 140,000 tips identifying rioters and had opened about 200 subject case files. The department has also launched...
- Congress Calls on US Intelligence to Submit Report on Azerbaijan Aggression Against Artsakh The Congressional request for the Artsakh report is included in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY2021) foreign aid bill (H.R.133), adopted by the House in parallel to the COVID-19 stimulus package earlier Monday.
Proposals for Large-Scale Investment Programs in the Field of Urban Development Discussed at Government
Armenian FM, US Secretary of State Make a Detailed Reference to the Nagorno Karabakh Conflict
The Ministerial Working Meeting of the CSTO Member States Took Place
Arayik Harutyunyan received responsible officials of a number of NGOs
Main Christmas Tree to Be Put Up in Yerevan
Iran Gives JCPOA Parties Proposals on Sanctions Removal, Nuclear Commitments
Robert Kocharyan Chairs Meeting of Opposition Armenia Faction
The Government Plans to Introduce an Online System for Obtaining Building Permits
Blinken Calls on Baku and Yerevan to Resolve Humanitarian Issues
Azerbaijani Side Fired in the Direction of Karmir Shuka: Artsakh Ombudsman
5-Day Weather Forecastin Armenia
EU to Provide Support to Armenia to Improve Aviation Safety Performance
EU Launches €300bn Fund to Challenge China’s Influence
Trilateral Deputy Prime Ministerial Task Force Meeting to Resume in 'Coming Days'
Armenia Records 339578 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Meeting of Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan with the Speaker of Swedish Riksdag Andreas Norlén
Lavrov Speaks about Russia's Role in Finding Solutions to Issues of Dispute Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Some Roads Are Cosed in Armenia
Ahmet Davutoglu Asks Erdogan Not to Talk about the Exchange Rate of the Lira
Bayramov and Mirzoyan to Meet in Stockholm on December 2
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan
Azerbaijan Forces Open Fire in the Direction of Armenian Positions in Verin Shorzha
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Another Act of Vandalism Committed by Azerbaijanis (video)