Wyoming Becomes the 45th US State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
Wyoming became the 45th US state to recognize the Armenian Genocide, Asbarez reports.
In a letter dated April 21, 2017 and addressed to the Armenian National Committee of America Western Region (ANCA-WR), Wyoming Governor Matthew H. Mead particularly noted.
"The atrocities of both the Armenian and Jewish Holocausts were unimaginable, but it is important for all to remember – history must not repeat itself."
"The work of the Armenian National Committee is inspiring. My thoughts are with you as you gather for the Colorado State Capitol Armenian Genocide Commemoration."
The full letter is here.
ANCA-WR Chair Nora Hovsepian in response noted:
"We thank the Governor of the Great State of Wyoming for standing on the right side of history and adding his voice to the ongoing need to recognize and commemorate the Armenian Genocide. This recognition is a tribute to the memory of our ancestors and a celebration of the brave work of many Wyomingites, who supported the national Near East Relief effort of building and operating 400 orphanages for over 132,000 Armenian children who survived the genocide. Last but not least, this recognition is a testament to the tireless work of our grassroots activists and dedicated staff."
- WSJ: Trump’s Popularity Ticks Up During Coronavirus Crisis Approval of Mr. Trump’s handling of the outbreak has risen by 8 percentage points in weekly Economist/YouGov surveys over the course of March, standing at 49% in a poll that ended Tuesday, with 44% disapproving.
- Trump Cancels G7 at Camp David over Coronavirus The G7 is made up of the United States, Italy, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Britain as well as the European Union.
- U.S. Suspending Visa Services Worldwide due to Coronavirus The State Department spokeswoman said U.S. missions abroad will continue to provide emergency visa services “as resources allow,” and that the services to U.S. citizens will remain available.
- Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
Reuters: Elizabeth II To Address The Nation Over Coronavirus
Peru Limits Movement by Gender to Stem Coronavirus Spread: BBC
Azerbaijan Tries To Cover Up Its Own Actions By Spreading Desinformation
Criminal Cases Initiated On Incidents During Artsakh Elections
Works are Being Carried out at Bagratashen Checkpoint to Reduce Pile-ups on the Territories of Noth Armenia and Georgia
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
Ex-chief of Armenian Army's General Staff on Four-Day Artsakh War
Merkel Ends Her Self-Quarantine, Returns to Chancellery: Reuters
Spain Reports 117,710 Total Cases of Coronavirus, Surpassing Italy: Euronews
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Sarkissian had a Conversation with the Co-Chair of the David Geffen Medical Center at the University of California (UCLA) Dr. Eric Esrailian
OPEC+ Talks May be Held Next Week
NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs Agree on New Measures to Support Georgia and Ukraine in the Context of Black Sea Security
Pashinyan Gets Acquainted With Repair Works of Lung Ventilation Devices
Australian State MP Hugh McDermott Congratulates Artsakh On Elections, Calls Baku Blacklisting an Honour
Soldier Dies in Artsakh in Unknown Circumstances
World Bank Provides 3 Million USD to Armenia to Fight COVID-19 Spread
History Museum of Armenia Among Top 10 CIS Museums
CNN: Trump Again Tests Negative for Coronavirus, White House Says
Armenia Records 736 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Wind: 5 km/h