Tabqa Fully Captured from the ISIS
A US-backed alliance of Syrian Kurdish and Arab fighters has fully captured the city of Tabqa and a strategic dam nearby from ISIL, Al Jazeera reports.
The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said on Wednesday it had taken full control of the contested city with the help of US-led coalition air raids after more than a month of heavy fighting.
"Our forces have seized control of both the dam and the city of Tabqa," Jihan Sheikh, of the Ghadab al-Furat (dubbed Wrath of the Euphrates) told Al Jazeera.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
- U.S. Military Sets April Target Date for Leaving Syria With U.S.-backed fighters poised to seize the final Syrian sanctuaries held by Islamic State in the coming days, the U.S. military is turning its attention toward a withdrawal of forces in the coming weeks.
Kocharian Trial Suspended, Sent to Constitutional Court
Maduro Proposes Early National Assembly Vote
PM Hosts Harvard Kennedy School Students
There Are no Disagreements between Armenia and Artsakh: Artsakh President Spokesperson
President of Armenia Congratulates Vladimir Zelensky on Assuming Office of President of Ukraine
Putin Has no Intention to Congratulate Zelensky
We Are Ready to Confront the Enemy: Iranian Commander
Ukraine's President Calls Snap Parliamentary Elections
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Volodymyr Zelensky on Assuming the Office of President of Ukraine
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
INSIGHT From Yerevan: 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership
Swedish Prosecutor Requests Assange's Detention Over Rape Allegation
Rocket Attack Hits Near US Embassy in Baghdad
Heavy Rain And Flooding Hit Parts of the Arabian Peninsula
Russian Air Strikes Kill 10 Civilians in Northwest Syria
Ceasefire in Donbass Zelensky's First Task
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s Statement on Judiciary System
32 People Killed in Tajikistan Prison Deadly Riot
Trump Threatens Iran's "End" If It Seeks Fight With the US
Armenian PM Holds Phone Conversation With Catholicos Aram I
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
French MP on Notre Dame de Paris Fire: How Can One Blame God For Fire? (Exclusive)
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
This Year Marks the 150th Birthday of Renowned Armenian Composer Komitas
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
Wind: 6 km/h