Trump's First Speech at the UN: the Main Emphasizes
For the first time, the US President Donald Trump had an opportunity to present the American view to the world at the UN General Assembly. In his speech, the US leader touched upon the US policy "America First", underlining that Washington is not going to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries, he talked about the increase of the US military force, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela, Islamic extremism, fight against terrorism and migration crisis.
Taking into consideration the recent nuclear activity of Pyongyang, North Korea was one of the key topics in Trump's speech. In particular, the US President promised to completely destroy the country in case of threat from North Korea, underlining that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un or as he likes to call him, the Rocket-man takes him and his people to suicide.
Referring to Iran, Trump said again that the nuclear deal is shameful. Trump thinks that the agreement provides Iran a cover for the eventual construction of a nuclear program
Trump also criticized the authorities of Venezuela and Cuba, noting that he is not going to cancel the sanctions imposed on Cuba until human rights are violated in that country.
Confirming the commitment of the United States the fight against terrorism, Trump pointed out that perhaps the greatest success in the fight against ISIS was recorded during his presidency. The issue of refugees was also touched upon. In his address in the UN Trump emphasized that he was not going to accept the migrants, instead he was willing to provide financial support to the host countries and to improve the situation in the homeland of refugees.
It should be noted that in his speech, Tramp not directly referred to Russia. He noted that threats to sovereignty, from the Ukraine to the South China Sea must be rejected and thanked Russia for protecting the UN Security Council resolution against North Korea.
The US President's speech responses were quite predictable. The target countries, particularly Iran, Cuba and Venezuela, rather strongly responded to the speech of the US President. As for others, it should be noted that Trump did not say anything new in his speech at the General Assembly.
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Impose Sanctions Against any Election Interference The process, according to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and White House national security adviser John Bolton, would take a total of 90 days.
- "Fake, Fake, Disgusting News": Trump Slams Media for Bad Coverage of His Summits US President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attacks on media at a rally in Pennsylvania, slamming news as "fake" and "disgusting."
- Trump National Security Team says Russia Behind Effort to Meddle in U.S. Elections U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security team said on Thursday that Russia is behind “pervasive” attempts to interfere in upcoming U.S. elections, in a rejection of denials of meddling that...
- Increasing Tension in Turkish-American Relations In the first case, Ankara categorically refused to release a US cleric detained for involvement with coup organizers and Kurdish militants in Turkey in 2016.
- Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy "Getting along with President Putin, getting along with Russia, is positive, not a negative," the US President Donald Trump said.
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
EU Leaders Try to Tackle the Migration Crisis
Artsakh’s President Sent a Congratulatory Letter to President of the South Ossetian on Independence Day
Japan's Abe Re-elected as Party Head, to Stay on as PM
Spokesperson of the MFA Armenia Comments on Situation on Border Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Robert Kocharyan: Putin's Call Is a Serious Support
Ural Airlines Is Opening Direct Flights from Anapa to Yerevan
Idlib: Who Has Benefits from Putin-Erdogan Agreement?
“Fort Trump” in Poland
Dollar Continues to Fall in Armenia
Two Koreas Agree to Connect Railways and Roads
Turkey Reduces Investment Levels for Turkish Citizenship
Armenia, China Sign Air Communication Agreement
Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria
21 Killed in Iranian Road Accident
Levon Aronian's Wife to Solo Cycle through Turkey and Iran to Armenia
Pope to Armenian Monks: Continue to Illuminate the Path to Unity
Fire on the Slopes of Mount Ararat Has Started to Quickly Spread Again
North, South Korean Leaders Kick off 3-day Summit
Armenia’s Human Rights Defender's Office Praised by European Union for "Excellent" Job
Belgian King and His Family Are on Vacation in Armenia
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Armenian-Chinese Friendship School Opens in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Berlin Regrets Azerbaijan's Decision to Ban German Parliamentarian from Entering the Country Due to His Visit to Karabakh
Wind: 11.27 km/h