Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
"Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with Knyaz Hasanov, a member of the RA Parliament and Chairman of the Kurdish National Council in Armenia" NGO, on the Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum held on September 25.
- Mr. Hasanov, the majority of the participants of the Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum voted in favor of it. According to you, what will Erbil’s next step be?
- Yes, 93% of the referendum participants voted for independence. This was a fantastic thing for the whole world. According to the plans, the next step will be the declaration of independence. Nevertheless, we see how the neighboring countries react to all this. Turkey even declared that it will enter troops. Iran and Syria also expressed against the independence of the Iraqi Kurdistan. As for the US and Russia, they say that they support the territorial integrity of Iraq.
I think that the leadership of the Iraqi Kurdistan should sit down for dialogue with the Iraqi authorities, despite the fact that the official Baghdad still refuses it, saying that the Iraqi Kurdistan should remain in Iraq under the former status.
- How do you asses the possibility of military clashes?
- Turkey declared about a possible military intervention, while Erbil answered that will wait for them and "will return them very well", which means that Kurds are not afraid of resistance. Iraqi authorities in their turn threaten with war, noting that they will enter Kirkuk. Nevertheless, it is still unclear in what direction the developments will go.
It is not possible to declare independence in one day. It can take months, even a year. We hope that in any case the Iraqi Kurdistan will be declared independent and the Kurds will have an independent state.
- What do you think, will there be any changes in the agenda of the Kurdish community in Armenia and the official Erbil after the referendum?
- The Kurdish community in Armenia maintains its official relations with Erbil, periodically various meetings take place. Nevertheless, I do not think that after the referendum any significant changes will take place in the agenda with Erbil.
Ex-NSS Head Committed Suicide on “Very Personal” Motive, Next-of-Kin Demands Privacy
PM Pashinyan Meets US Ambassador and Kansas Adjutant-General
Armenia 3rd President on PM's Statement
PM Pashinyan Surprises Artsakh Troops at Apartment Donation Event
Our Homeland is the Territory Behind our Soldier who Stands on the Border: PM Pashinyan
President of Artsakh Visits Stepanakert Memorial Complex
French Police Clear out Migrants Again from North Paris Site
Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV
Armenia Issues China Travel Warning Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Trump Discusses Syria, Libya with Turkey's Erdogan
The Referendum on the Cut of the Parliamentary will be Held on the 29th of March
Armenia Political, Military Elite Visits Yerablur Military Pantheon
Armenia PM: Congratulations on your Holiday, Victorious, Glorious Armenian Army!
China Virus Death Toll Jumps to 106
President of Artsakh Addresses Congratulatory Message on Army Day
The Day of Armenian Army Formation: Congratulations, Armenian Soldier!
Weather Forecast in Armenia: No Precipitation Predicted During the Coming Days
Armenia Ready to Grant Reciprocal Rights to the UK During the Implementation Period: Armenia's Foreign Ministry Spokesperson
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Armenia, Azerbaijan FMs to Meet on January 29-30 in Geneva
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Georgi Kutoyan Left for His Apartment on Paruyr Sevak Street Telling Family Members About his Intention to Rest for 2-3 Days: IC Unveils Details
Wind: 4 km/h