Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
On October 20, in Brussels, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh Republic) Masis Mayilian delivered a speech entitled ‘Prospects of EU - Artsakh cooperation: A way to contribute to peace and stability in the South Caucasus’, addressing a roundtable organized by the European Friends of Armenia NGO.
In his speech, Masis Mayilian briefed on the challenges facing the South Caucasus, noting that Azerbaijan’s nihilistic attitude to international law, disregard for the fundamental rights of the citizens of Artsakh and the very right of the Republic of Artsakh to exist are the main sources of threat to regional peace and security. By aggressively imposing the logic of confrontation, the Azerbaijani authorities demonstrate that their goal is not to achieve peace through dialogue, but to gain a unilateral military and political advantage.
The Foreign Minister of Artsakh expressed confidence that the EU cooperation with Artsakh would play a stabilizing role and become an important contribution to establishing lasting peace in the South Caucasus. It would signal the inadmissibility of using confrontation and isolation as a means of resolving conflicts, since they are fraught with destabilization of the entire region. He stressed that promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms should not fall hostage to the unresolved Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict, and the unrecognized status of Artsakh should not serve as an obstacle to the cooperation between Artsakh and the European Union.
Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Artsakh Ruben Melikyan also participated in the roundtable and delivered a speech, briefing on the current situation in the field of human rights protection in Artsakh.
- Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week As the ministry said, the Defense Army’s frontline troops strictly adhere to the ceasefire regime, confidently continuing their military vigil.
- MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic John Bolton’s expectations for the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict settlement are not realistic for various reasons, said Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian in the interview...
- OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule From the opposite side of the border, the monitoring was conducted by Field Assistant to the Personal Representative of the OSCE CiO Mihail Olaru (Moldova) and Personal Assistant to the CiO Personal Representative...
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office The sides discussed the current situation on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
- President of Artsakh Observes Process of Tactical Maneuvers Involving Troops of Defense Army's Central Military Region On the same day the Head of the State visited the Mets Shen village of the Martakert region, met with the residents and talked on site over the existing problems and ways of solving them.
Relentless California Wildfires Leave 80 Dead, Over 1,200 Others Still Missing
WSJ: With Facebook at "War," Zuckerberg Adopts More Aggressive Style
Macron: Europe Must Grow more Sovereign to Fulfil its Duty of Preventing "Chaos" in Global Affairs
APEC Fails to Issue Joint Statement Amid US-China Tensions
Bako Sahakyan Met In Los Angeles With Armenian Philanthropists
Trump Says Report on Khashoggi Death Expected in a Few Days
200 Injured During Paris Protests
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway Is Closed
Saudi Crown Prince Is Blamed For The Assassination Of Khashoggi
Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Sasna Tsrer Party Conducting Automobile Race to Karabakh
UEFA Nations League: Armenia Beats Gibraltar 6:2
Armenia Acting PM to Demand Explanations from Belarus, Kazakhstan Presidents
Bako Sahakyan arrives in U.S. on working visit
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Military Base (photos)
France Prepares Transport and Customs Measures in Case of No-Brexit Deal
Chinese Premier: China Ready to Boost Trade With Russia
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Would-be Suicide Bomber Called 911 to Notify About Intentions Before Attempting to Enter Government HQ
Wind: 6.44 km/h