Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
It is impossible to negotiate with one hand and fire with another, President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan said in an exclusive interview with Armenia TV, referring to the Karabakh conflict peace process, NEWS.am reports.
"There must be no shots during negotiations," he emphasized.
"Now the process goes in two directions. The first direction is to weaken tension, to create investigations mechanisms, which would lead to a certain atmosphere of mutual trust, and which would make it possible to go deeper into the provisions of the document. I have repeated on several occasions that it is not possible to negotiate with one hand and to fire with another. It is impossible to come to an agreement in these circumstances," he said.
Presenting his vision of the settlement, the President noted: "There must be calmness at the line of contact. The victims have to be ruled out. The manhunt that happens today should be excluded. It will create a certain atmosphere of mutual trust. If you do not fulfill agreements once, it pays the way to distrust, the atmosphere of distrust will deepen".
- OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- OSCE to Conduct Ceasefire Monitoring in Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
- Despite Political Instability in Armenia Moscow and Yerevan Continue the Cooperation He also mentioned that cooperative work is being carried out in specific areas of cooperation, emphasizing the positive dynamics of mutual trade.
- Anna Hakobyan: All Bullets of the World will Melt Down Before the Cosmic Love of Mothers "This means that the more women join the campaign, the more bullets will disappear from the world, the more bullets will lose their initial designation and will become simply jewelry, and this in turn...
- Russia Welcomes the Positive Trends on NK Conflict Now it is important to develop them and not to harm with careless rhetoric, which, unfortunately, has also taken place recently.
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Tusk has No Optimism on Brexit Deal
The Main Results of the Francophone Week in Yerevan
Anna Burns Wins Man Booker Prize for Milkman
Armenia Improves Positions in Global Competitiveness Index
Turkish President Erdoğan Meets Pompeo in Ankara
Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed"
Israel Strikes Gaza in Response to Rocket Attack on Be’er Sheva
Canada Becomes Second Country to Legalise Recreational Marijuana
Border Crosser from Turkey ID’d as Ethnic Kurd Felon, Russian Border Guards Say
Politico: State Department Spokeswoman Nauert in the Mix for U.N. Ambassador
President Sarkissian Accepts Cabinet’s Resignation
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan: “Armenia is Entering a Historic Stage of Development”
Armenian Akhtala to be Renamed After Charles Aznavour?
Saudi Missing Journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Explanation Expected from Saudi Arabia as Mike Pompeo Arrives
ARF won’t Nominate Candidate for Prime Minister
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Board Members of the International Francophone Press
Donald Trump has talked with King of Saudi Arabia
Turkey to Inspect Saudi Consulate over Journalist’s Disappearance
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
Sharmazanov to Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament: You Should Recognize the Full Exercise of Artsakh People’s Right of Self-Determination
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Wind: 6.44 km/h