The Office of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia Closely Follows the Rally Processes
The Office of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia issued a statement over the ongoing events in Yerevan
The statement says:
"1. From the very beginning of the rallies launched in Yerevan the Human Rights Defender’s Office of Armenia carefully follows the process.
A working schedule has been set up, working groups have been formed which observe the rallies on daily basis and pay visits to study the facts on isolating the rally participants by the Police, as well monitor the media reports.
2. We consider it necessary to state that the rally organizers and participants should act by the principle of not allowing disproportionate restrictions of the rights of others.
3. Today during the whole day the Ombudsman’s Office will collect and analyze facts of use of specific measures by the Police during the rally, the reports on them, as well as the cases recorded by the Ombudsman’s staff on the place of action.
A separate discussion process has been launched based on this information. All materials of the Ombudsman’s staff will be sent to the Prosecutor’s Office with the demand to carry out check operations. In this sense there is an urgent necessity to launch a respective legal procedure.
4. The reports on the rally participants and the Police officers suffering injuries are especially concerning. They must be investigated by strict maintenance of respective international rules.
The incident between the protesters and citizens complaining on their actions is also concerning, and in this context we expect clarifications from the Police.
5. We attach specific importance to the constant calls of MP Nikol Pashinyan and other figures delivering remarks during the rally to refrain from violence and maintain the peaceful nature of the rally.
6. At present the normal operation of media outlets is also important. Therefore, the Ombudsman’s staff keeps in its spotlight the work on not obstructing the journalists professional activity. For this purpose a separate observation is being carried.
7.The law enforcement agencies in their turn must provide constant information to the public on their actions in regard to the rallies, cases of injuries caused to the rally participants and the measures launched for checking them.
The information received from official sources is an important guarantee to avoid the spread of inaccurate information and possible panic situations resulting from them. This is also important in terms of the trust towards these bodies".
Dollar Continues to Fall in Armenia
Two Koreas Agree to Connect Railways and Roads
Turkey Reduces Investment Levels for Turkish Citizenship
Armenia, China Sign Air Communication Agreement
Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria
21 Killed in Iranian Road Accident
Levon Aronian's Wife to Solo Cycle through Turkey and Iran to Armenia
Pope to Armenian Monks: Continue to Illuminate the Path to Unity
Fire on the Slopes of Mount Ararat Has Started to Quickly Spread Again
North, South Korean Leaders Kick off 3-day Summit
Armenia’s Human Rights Defender's Office Praised by European Union for "Excellent" Job
PM Receives EAEU-Member States’ Central Bank Presidents
NATO Ready to Response if Russia Carries out a Cyberattack
FM Mnatsakanyan: Armenia Remains Committed to Peaceful Settlement Process of NK Conflict
My Deal or No Deal: Theresa May
Armenia to Carry out Inspections in Turkish Sites as Part of Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE)
London Mayor Calls for Another Referendum on Brexit
President of Artsakh Met with Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
Mattis Condemns Russia for Influence-Peddling in Macedonia
Ethiopia, Eritrea Sign Agreement in Saudi Arabia
Belgian King and His Family Are on Vacation in Armenia
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Armenian-Chinese Friendship School Opens in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Berlin Regrets Azerbaijan's Decision to Ban German Parliamentarian from Entering the Country Due to His Visit to Karabakh
Wind: 11.27 km/h